Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
eBook software on the "tablet"

As speculation reaches fever pitch on todays announcement, I actually found myself dreaming about the "ipad/islate"!
Sad, I know - a real indication that the eBook virus has firmly caught hold of me now - as if I needed any proof!

I honestly dont know what the announcement holds in store for eBooks. I don't think its going to blow us away right now. I think it willl be neat and have nice features, but will probably focus more on textbooks than fiction or romance.Blio Reader is probably a good example of where it might go - full colour, annotation etc. Down the line, the tablet may serve as a springboard for new developments, but it will take time.

What I am afraid of is another attempt to monopolise the marketplace. I would personally like to have more than one or two places to shop for my eBooks in the future. I feel that more publishers are going to start finding their "verticals" and really start engaging with their readers, building meaningful, productive communities online, benefitting reader and author alike. At least I can hope....
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple tablet, blio, blioreader, publishers, verticals