Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #91
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wifi, İpod Touch 4th Generation
i am a fan of mystery books

in golden age

agatha christie
sir arthur conan doyle
ellery queen
erle stanley gardner
mickey spillane (hard boiled)
carter dickson (locked room)

today for new authors

glenn meade
jack higgins
harlan coben
ted dekker
jean christophe grange
maxime chattam
craig russell
clive cussler
coderserdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #92
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
@coderserdar:

Of the new mystery authors, who is your favorite?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #93
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
@coderserdar:

Of the new mystery authors, who is your favorite?
glenn meade, jack higgins and harlan coben

but jack higgins is more favorite
Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #94
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderserdar View Post
glenn meade, jack higgins and harlan coben

but jack higgins is more favorite
Thanks. I've been wondering what newer authors to try. I seem to be stuck in a prior era (but the oldies really are goodies!).
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #95
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I'm a fan of Anthony Horowitz I can't think of any others off hand.
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #96
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm still trying to find every Patricia Highsmith ever published. Some of them are hard to get and none are available as ebooks. If you haven't tried her, I'd recommend any of her books. Suspense, readability, bizarreness. If you like that sort of thing.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #97
Samantha Cain
Reader, Writer, Aquarius
Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Samantha Cain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm gonna have to go a little old school with part of my answer:

Ernest Hemingway
Jane Austen
Kurt Vonnegut
Edgar Allan Poe
Agatha Christie

Then of course, more contemporary people:

L.J. Smith
Amanda Hocking *YAY for self-publishing*
Malorie Blackman

I'm sure there are tons more but these are my absolute faves
Samantha Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #98
Ultratron
Ultratron began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Long time lurker here...

After seeing many peoples great lists, and having seen a lot of great authors mentioned, one really stood out to me as deserving to also be in this thread:

Gene Wolfe
Ultratron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #99
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
funny enough, 2 MR authors: Slava Heretz and Christopher Kellen. i just really dig what they're doing.

BV Larson's Star Force series

and thats honestly about it. i don't religiously follow any author and i just end up buying whatever strikes my fancy at the moment.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #100
ragwitch
Enthusiast
ragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Christopher Pike
Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Lian Hearn
Khaled Hosseini
Patrick Rothfuss
ragwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #101
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragwitch View Post
Christopher Pike
Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Lian Hearn
Khaled Hosseini
Patrick Rothfuss
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #102
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Derek Landy
Jane Austen

JK Rowling, if she ever writes anything again.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #103
coderserdar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks. I've been wondering what newer authors to try. I seem to be stuck in a prior era (but the oldies really are goodies!).
i advise you

jack higgins
glenn meade
maxime chattam
graig russell
jean christophe grange
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #104
ragwitch
Enthusiast
ragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beautyragwitch does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Hhhmmm.. so far i like

- Khaled hosseini the author of 'the kite runner' and 'a thousand splendid suns'
- Jodi Picault author of 'My Sister's Keeper' and '19 minutes'

for me 19 minutes is one of her outstanding work
ragwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #105
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Kate Atkinson
A S Byatt
Neil Gaiman
Elizabeth Jane Howard
Ursula Le Guin
Hilary Mantel
Anne Tyler

A new book by any of these immediately goes on my hint list for presents!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote