Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #76
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
The desktop reader is on version 0.12,2 now, I think. The fbreader versions on PB are all based on an earlier version 0.08.sthg. It has to do with a speed issue, if I understood right. Mobi is also a lot more beautiful on the desktop reader.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #77
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
PB FBReader is based on 0.8.15
I've tried to port 0.12.1 but it's very unstable on PB.

FBReader never was the correct HTML/CSS renderer.
And I think it will never be. HTML/CSS is supported fragmentary, only to get readable content.

Quote:
The newest version will be implemeted soon.
No. PocketBook promised to make its own reader from scratch "with blackjack and hookers"(с)
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #78
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
No. PocketBook promised to make its own reader from scratch "with blackjack and hookers"(с)
Okay, I was told that they wanted to implement 12.1. The Better for it.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #79
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, installing is very simple. You just unzip the most recent fbreader.zip, copy the fbreader.app into the main memory of your reader under system/bin and off you go.

The more sophisticated approach on this would be to rename the pasted version to fbreader180.app and replace the extensions.cfg, so that you could choose between the old fbreader and the 180 version. But this is strictly not necessary for the new version to work. If you want to use the g-sensor to turn your pages, the g-sensor has to be turned on, of course.

Please do not hesitate to ask more question if this wasn't satisfying.
Thanks.ReallyAppreciate your help.
One question .how do you replace the extensions.cfg?
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #80
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:

i love bender
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #81
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Well, installing is very simple. You just unzip the most recent fbreader.zip, copy the fbreader.app into the main memory of your reader under system/bin and off you go.

The more sophisticated approach on this would be to rename the pasted version to fbreader180.app and replace the extensions.cfg, so that you could choose between the old fbreader and the 180 version. But this is strictly not necessary for the new version to work. If you want to use the g-sensor to turn your pages, the g-sensor has to be turned on, of course.

Please do not hesitate to ask more question if this wasn't satisfying.
I was finally able to get fbreader180 version on my pb360. I was not able to keep the old version (it was too difficult for me to understand how to do this ). The only reason I wanted to keep the old version is that I'm always a bit frightened about using newer versions in case they don't work correctly.
So if for some reason I dislike newer version (which I truly doubt) do I just paste original version into system/bin as I did with fbreader180 to replace version that is now on my pb360.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #82
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoreadalot View Post
I was finally able to get fbreader180 version on my pb360. I was not able to keep the old version (it was too difficult for me to understand how to do this ). The only reason I wanted to keep the old version is that I'm always a bit frightened about using newer versions in case they don't work correctly.
So if for some reason I dislike newer version (which I truly doubt) do I just paste original version into system/bin as I did with fbreader180 to replace version that is now on my pb360.
No, just remove the fbreader.app from the bin folder.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #83
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
How About FBReader on 301?

Quote:
No, just remove the fbreader.app from the bin folder.

I wonder if my 301 has the superior ebReader.app file discussed in this thread?

If not can I use the 360 fbReader file designed for the 360?. I know it doesn't have an accelerometer.I can only select 4 orientations. That's OK.

If the answer is yes! I can use the fbReader files designed for the 360, I think I need much more info about how to install it and/or how to edit it so it can be used for my 301. I looked here on the forum but didn't find it. [the Goggle God was unhappy with me]

Here is info about what I have now on my 301.

I have SW W301.15.1 [I assume that means Ver 15.1]

When I looked for the config files that everyone was talking about; those files that will be changed/replaced by the new fbreader.app file for 360, I did not see anything like that in my 301's system folder.

My folder /system/config only has 4 folders
/fbReader.cfg
/global.cfg
/handlers.cfg
/styles.xml

/system/config/bin is empty,
/SYSTEM/config/fbReader.cfg
contains the following files:

" border=1
encoding=auto
font=default,25
hyphenations=1
linespacing=100
loadimages=1
preformatted=0".

/System/config/global.cfg contains the following [I have not listed all the "key...." files here.]

"antialiasing=1
bootlogo=@snapshot
ctime=1271457120
firstchange=0
font=LiberationSerif
font.b=LiberationSerif-Bold
font.bi=LiberationSerif-BoldItalic
font.i=LiberationSerif-Italic
imgquality=1
invertupdate=1
keeporient=0
key.10.0=@KA_menu
I have omitted many of the "key." files here.
Then the following entries close out this "global.cfg" file.
They are:
key.power=@KA_lrus
key.power2=@KA_none
keyboard=EN-RU-UA
keylock=0
language=en
listview=0
offlogo=@logo_none
openlastbook=1
orientation=1
poweroff=1
restorecfg=
showclock=0
sort=0
sortdir=1
theme=default
timeformat=1
timezone=America/New_York"

/system/handlers.cfg only has a reference to the book I am reading.
Styles.xml has a list of 30+ style definitions. It refers to a "base family=Georgia"

There are some formatting choices that FBReader.app supports that will make my reading a bit more pleasant.

I was an early adopter of Sony's 500. I loved it. I got used to a 6" screen so I bought another 6" screen reader. I am now reading my first book.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #84
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
If I'm not wrong someone asked it already. Yes, you can use the FBReader mod in the 301 as well, though it obviously won't support the buttonless page turning since it has no G-sensor. In the same way, the PB360 supports MP3 files to play, though it has no audio jack. But the firmware capability is there, since it's the same for both readers.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #85
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Great I Will Try It-THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If I'm not wrong someone asked it already. Yes, you can use the FBReader mod in the 301 as well, though it obviously won't support the buttonless page turning since it has no G-sensor. In the same way, the PB360 supports MP3 files to play, though it has no audio jack. But the firmware capability is there, since it's the same for both readers.
Sorry that I did not find the previous post about this. I'm very glad you helped me anyway.

I think I understand somewhat how to install it. My factory configured 301 is set up differently than the 360 install. It seems safe enough to try it.
Many thanks.
One of the reasons I bought it was the support from the Pocketbook user community.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 AM   #86
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
Sorry that I did not find the previous post about this. I'm very glad you helped me anyway.

I think I understand somewhat how to install it. My factory configured 301 is set up differently than the 360 install. It seems safe enough to try it.
Many thanks.
One of the reasons I bought it was the support from the Pocketbook user community.
I think it's really worth the while to use the fbreader 180 even on 301. You have so many additional configuration possibilities that you otherwise would have to live without..
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #87
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Version 0.8.3

* configuration dialog was restructured, some items were moved to submenu "Advanced settings"
* added border mode "custom" and individual settings for page margins in "Advanced settings"
* fixed 15.1 firmware incompatibility
Old 04-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #88
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:

* added border mode "custom" and individual settings for page margins in "Advanced settings"
Really like this tweak. Especially at the top and bottom.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #89
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
is there a wiki somewhere that shows what all the settings do? While I can glean the majority of settings but not all. Anything out there floating around?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #90
GrayNM
flat square cat

Guns4Hire
Of course. Here you are.
And this is a version history.