Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Question Have You Taken Your Reader to Disneyland?

I flew down to Disneyland yesterday for my birthday, and had a wonderful time (and thank you for asking)! But that's not why I called you in here today...

I made the choice not to carry my Sony Reader (I was afraid it might get broken on one of the coaster-type rides), and took a paperback book instead. Bad idea: between the flight, the airport, and waiting in ride lines I had enough time to finish my book, and start to re-read it. I did spend a lot of time people-watching, but some lines were 40 to 80 minutes in length.

So my question to you: have you ever taken your reader to Disneyland (or any other reader to an amusement park)? Did it turn out to be a good or bad idea? Looking forward to hearing from you!
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
eb1150

Should have taken your eb1150 they are pretty darn sturdy.

I have taken my eb1150 on trips, but not to Disneyland, of course I have not been there recently. I know I would at least take it for the plane ride, but probably not actually IN disneyland.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I have a problem even carrying a camera at Ditneeland. I always end up as the one having to hold on to the camera so on a few rides I spend more time focusing on not losing the camera and less on enjoying the ride.

It has been a couple decades since my last visit to Disneyland so I don't know, do they finally offer temp storage lockers? I would swear as a kid I remember they had them and then the lockers went away. I would love to have them in close relation to the rides where they matter. Then again I doubt I would stuff a few grand of lense and camera into a quarter per ride locker rental. Life was simpler when I just rode the rides...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
As long as you have a sturdy backpack/puch for it, it should be fine imo! But even then I'm not sure about the roller coaster - do they allow bags on it? Probably not?
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Never been to Disneyland and no plans what-so-ever to go there. Besides, if I see a queue 40-80 minutes long, I'll turn around and try something else...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'd consider taking my PDA, but probably not the Sony. I'm not sure either would withstand the heat well...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #7
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i didn't take my cybook, but the first kindle i ever saw in the wild was at disneyland.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Lol lol

I did, I went with my kids so while they where goofing of in line I was reading. It sure shortened the waiting in line.

Heck I even took a picture with me reading the book on space mountain ride.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
... took a paperback book instead. Bad idea: between the flight, the airport, and waiting in ride lines I had enough time to finish my book, and start to re-read it. I did spend a lot of time people-watching, but some lines were 40 to 80 minutes in length.
Ummm... for me it's not an either/or proposition. I would have carried both my reader and a paperback book. (Paperback would have a BookCrossing label in it, too.) Read on the device on the plane (except during take-off and landing) and in the hotel. Take the paperback to the park to read in the lines and plan on "releasing" it when I finish reading it. If I lost the book before I finished it, I'd just chalk it up as an inadvertent "release".

BookCrossing advocates "register", "read", and "release" whereby a given copy of a book is assigned a unique serial number and then is circulated to other readers who record the book's journeys at the website.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
Interesting concept Elsi, I shall have to investigate that. I have many, many, books that have been hand reared and are ready for a new life in the wild.
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
Interesting concept Elsi, I shall have to investigate that. I have many, many, books that have been hand reared and are ready for a new life in the wild.
Cue the orchestra to begin playing "Born Free" softly in the background.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd bring my PDA, and make sure the pants I wore had buttoned or zippered pockets to slip it into during rides. (And a baggy, in case I go near a water ride.)

HA HA! Small form factors win again!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Should have taken your eb1150 they are pretty darn sturdy.

I have taken my eb1150 on trips, but not to Disneyland, of course I have not been there recently. I know I would at least take it for the plane ride, but probably not actually IN disneyland.

Amy
I agree. I loved and miss my EBW1150, but had to give it up because I could no longer read the large size font. Those things are workhorses! They probably could have used it to prop up an uneven leg on the coaster, and it would have been just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Ummm... for me it's not an either/or proposition. I would have carried both my reader and a paperback book. (Paperback would have a BookCrossing label in it, too.) Read on the device on the plane (except during take-off and landing) and in the hotel. Take the paperback to the park to read in the lines and plan on "releasing" it when I finish reading it. If I lost the book before I finished it, I'd just chalk it up as an inadvertent "release".

BookCrossing advocates "register", "read", and "release" whereby a given copy of a book is assigned a unique serial number and then is circulated to other readers who record the book's journeys at the website.
Wow, Elsi, that is a really cool site! Like registering a "Where's George?" dollar, except for there being more paper involved.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
tklaus
Connoisseur
tklaus doesn't littertklaus doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
So my question to you: have you ever taken your reader to Disneyland
Not until it wins a championship!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
tklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post

It has been a couple decades since my last visit to Disneyland so I don't know, do they finally offer temp storage lockers? I would swear as a kid I remember they had them and then the lockers went away. I would love to have them in close relation to the rides where they matter. Then again I doubt I would stuff a few grand of lense and camera into a quarter per ride locker rental. Life was simpler when I just rode the rides...
Yes, last time I was there they still had the storage lockers, I think they are a couple of dollars to rent these days! I think they moved them, but it seems that they are somewhat near the entrance to the park.

Dixiegal- yeah they EB1150 seem to be very sturdy! There is something to be said for having a little reader that you are not afraid of squishing. I wish they would come out with a new verision of it!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote