Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Problem with ebookwise librarian if installed after ebookpublisher

Hi all,

Ive been avoideing using ebookwise librarian becasue of all the extra features that using Impserv etc give me.

( fyi THANK YOU guys you are FANTASTIC !! )

The one thing im currently lacking tho is the ability to edit the book files to modify auther title catagory etc.

I tried useing another program but it messed up my books soo badly that they wouldnt load.

So I loaded ebookwise librarian to use the edit features, unfortunately when I do so it TOTALLY messes up my other utility programs!

Im unable to connect to the PC using impserv OR librarian, im unable to covernt books from lit to imp using lit2sb etc etc

On top of THAT, after installing librarian, when I bring up explorer and try to access my c: drive it takes 1-2 mins min to come up, it acts like its searching / catching the drive !

Any way, Ive had to deinstall librarian, and actually revert to a previous store point to have my pc work properly =(

Anyone else have these issues?

Also, has anyone come across a program to edit / modify the author / title / catagory fields the way librarian does?

Thank you.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only option I can think of at this time would be to set up librarian on another pc on my home network to just edit the book information.

But that seems extream =(
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
The only option I can think of at this time would be to set up librarian on another pc on my home network to just edit the book information.

But that seems extream =(
I have GEBLibrarian (same as eBookwise Librarian) installed and all those other programs do work. The trick to making this work is to ALWAYS re-install eBook Publisher after installing eBookwise Librarian.

Try installing eBookwise Librarian again, then right afterwards, re-install eBook Publisher.

You shouldn't have any problems doing this..... I don't!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
askyn
Addict

I have installed them in that order =( .. but still had issues.

ill have to try it one more time to be sure, cross fingers and hope it works.

ill try installing librarian then publisher.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
askyn
Addict

OK .. just goes to show that after 20 years in IT that these machines can still make a monkey out of you ! rofl

I reinstalled everything the way I did before (librarian then publisher) etc and now its working like a charm !

ROFL ... thank you for getting me to try yet one more time ... the uptin'h time was the charm.
Advert
Old 11-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I have GEBLibrarian (same as eBookwise Librarian) installed and all those other programs do work. The trick to making this work is to ALWAYS re-install eBook Publisher after installing eBookwise Librarian.

Try installing eBookwise Librarian again, then right afterwards, re-install eBook Publisher.

You shouldn't have any problems doing this..... I don't!
Can I ask what happens to the files I've already compiled with eBook Publisher if I un-install the program in order to install GEBLibrarian? Are those files still viable when I re-install eBook Publisher?

I'd surely hate to lose all these hours of work and start again...

Thanks for any advice,

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
Can I ask what happens to the files I've already compiled with eBook Publisher if I un-install the program in order to install GEBLibrarian? Are those files still viable when I re-install eBook Publisher?
No need to un-install anything, just re-install over the existing installation of the program files. And no, this will not interfere with your .imp creations.

Once created, .imp ebooks cannot be 'deactivated' or 'undone'. But, just in case, you do have your original sources as backup, don't you?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
No need to un-install anything, just re-install over the existing installation of the program files. And no, this will not interfere with your .imp creations.

Thank you, Nick! I'll certainly follow your instructions...

Once created, .imp ebooks cannot be 'deactivated' or 'undone'. But, just in case, you do have your original sources as backup, don't you?

Yes... I'm keeping all files seperate and backing everything up.

I am having some good success with eBook Publisher although I've asked a few questions in this thread that haven't been answered as yet:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63111

No doubt I'm going about this the *hard* way. What I'm trying to do is convert 125 small documents (each with its own chapter) to have as a book in .imp format.

The documents are all saved in MS Word but they are not styled very well (I didn't write them) ie: no paragraphs... just one block of uninterrupted text.

So... what I'm doing is copying each document into notepad and coding them with .html as I go. Then I save each one as an .html file to the content folder of eBook Publisher and import them one at a time into the publisher.

From there, I'm previewing each one and checking for errors. So far I've managed to convert 8 of the 125 docs... but I have a long way to go!

Probably an external CSS would be the ticket here... but I don't know how to create a CSS... I might try to learn that before too much longer... cuz this project is going to take years at the rate I'm going!

All I want is for the titles of each chapter to be centered... the paragraphs justified... and to have 2 pixel margins on each page edge.

If someone answers my question about whether or not the TOC can be used to link to each chapter using anchor tags... then I'll have to edit each document individually to include that info.

I'm having way too much fun with this and learning alot, too... and I thank everyone in this forum for serving up so much awesome information!

Thanks again, Nick!

Helen
Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The editor built into eBook Publisher is as good as notepad and often better. Yes you can link anchor tags from the TOC. The only thing that makes a TOC special is the name tag that should be on it. An external css can be created by simply copying the internal CSS section of the file to an external file and then referencing that file in your html code header.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
locomouse
Enthusiast

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply. When you mention the tag in the TOC, are you referring to the Wiki TIP: Getting the jump to TOC to work?

I *would* like to use the built-in editor in eBook Publisher but it's not behaving properly for me. When I open that editor there are no numbered lines and all of the text simply runs on and on in lines that go off to the right for miles.

It's very difficult to edit under those conditions. Is there a way to fix that behavior that you know of?

Thanks again,

Helen
Old 11-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply. When you mention the tag in the TOC, are you referring to the Wiki TIP: Getting the jump to TOC to work?

I *would* like to use the built-in editor in eBook Publisher but it's not behaving properly for me. When I open that editor there are no numbered lines and all of the text simply runs on and on in lines that go off to the right for miles.

It's very difficult to edit under those conditions. Is there a way to fix that behavior that you know of?

Thanks again,

Helen
Yes, the wiki tip is what I am talking about. That is the only thing that makes the TOC different. You can build a list anywhere in the file and the links will work, handy if you want an index.

Yes, I had forgotten about the fact that there is no wrap mode. The good news is that you can just add returns wherever you want to. Returns will be ignored in the conversion process. The handy thing about using the editor is that you can save a file and instantly check it in eBook Publisher. Of course if you use an external editor you can still check it but not quite a convenient.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, the wiki tip is what I am talking about. That is the only thing that makes the TOC different. You can build a list anywhere in the file and the links will work, handy if you want an index.

Yes, I had forgotten about the fact that there is no wrap mode. The good news is that you can just add returns wherever you want to. Returns will be ignored in the conversion process. The handy thing about using the editor is that you can save a file and instantly check it in eBook Publisher. Of course if you use an external editor you can still check it but not quite a convenient.

Dale
Hi Dale,

If I import some .html files that throw errors, I use the internal editor to fix them. Like the one time I tried to sneak in a "&" instead of & which, of course, didn't fly with eBP...

Thanks for the tip on using returns... I'm using up a whole notebook here jotting down all this excellent info!

Helen