Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
problem using convertlit & Calibre

I've just bought Dune from fictionwise as a s ecure microsoft reader book (.lit file).

I've run convertlit, pointed it at the Dune lit file and it has expanded it into 53 html files.

How do I use Calibre (or anything else) to convert them into a single book for my PRS 500?
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
I've just bought Dune from fictionwise as a s ecure microsoft reader book (.lit file).

I've run convertlit, pointed it at the Dune lit file and it has expanded it into 53 html files.

How do I use Calibre (or anything else) to convert them into a single book for my PRS 500?
You have to zip then into a single file and calibre will convert it. However, you are better off using the down convert version of convertlit rather than the explode feature. Run, convert lit without any parameters and it will give directions.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
There is a program called soft snow merger that will help to combine the files.

Here is where you will find it:

http://softsnow.griffin3.com/merger/merger.shtml
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:14 AM   #4
Gravitas
Muppet

cool, thanks that sorted it - I'd been using the gui version which only seems to do exploded.

Couple of minutes fiddling with command line and sorted.

just need to tweak my Calibre settings to my ideal format and I'm set - thanks guys
Old 09-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
I'd been using the gui version which only seems to do exploded.
No, it does default to "Extract" ('exploding') the .lit but if you click the tab/button next to it (see the image here, for instance), it would downconvert (de-DRM it) without extracting all the files.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
Gravitas
Muppet

wow, I've never seen that page - I'll have to take another look - thanks