Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #121
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that one of the recent updates broke the charging light. It just stays red and never turns green when fully charged. Am I the only one who has the charging light setting on?
Incidentally I've just let these updates come automatically, and I'm still on .8945 despite nightly syncing. My affiliate is Kobo.
Yes, this problem is annoying. I have affiliate Kobo too. I finally decided to sideload the update rather then keep waiting. This problem exists on the latest firmware too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #122
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that one of the recent updates broke the charging light. It just stays red and never turns green when fully charged. Am I the only one who has the charging light setting on? .
Weirdly, this seems to be partly charger related. I've had that for a while now, but it worked on a different charger (turned green), but back to no green on the charger I normally use.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2017, 10:28 PM   #123
bdonkey
bdonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I side-loaded this firmware onto my N905 using the link for Mark 3, 4.3.8966, and when it finished updating, the "Device Information" screen actually says it's 4.3.8967!
bdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #124
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
You're kidding, right?
Nope, hadn't seen it mentioned in these new firmware threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why are you posting about a problem with 4.3.8945 in a thread for 4.3.8966? Just side load 4.3.8966 and see if the problem still exists and if so, then come back and post about it.
I figured no one was following that thread but you shooing people over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes, this problem is annoying. I have affiliate Kobo too. I finally decided to sideload the update rather then keep waiting. This problem exists on the latest firmware too.
My husband's Aura One skipped .8945 and is now on .8966. He's having the same issue. I believe his affiliate is KoboIndigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Weirdly, this seems to be partly charger related. I've had that for a while now, but it worked on a different charger (turned green), but back to no green on the charger I normally use.
Hmm, both of us are using the same chargers we have been. What was different about the charger that turned the light green?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #125
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Nope, hadn't seen it mentioned in these new firmware threads.
Ah, the firmware threads are pretty active so a mention gets buried quickly, that's why I linked two "standalone" threads. One of the problems is that nobody can recall exactly which firmware has introduced the problem as at the time the firmware was updated every week, sometimes more than once a week.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #126
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Wondering if anyone is seeing weirdness with WiFi on this build? My Touch N905 does not see many of the SSIDs in my area and at time won't even find its default SSID on a router 5ft away

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #127
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo
My kobo glo hd has a strange behaviour on display. It seems to be broken, all gray, but whrn i try to open a book, change page i see some flash. I should remember steps to connect to pc and try to press the touch without seeing nothing co connect. What should i do to solve? I altrady tried to install firmware twice, with sone difficulties as said, to connect as blind, to the pc.

Tjanks for your help
micione20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #128
micione20
Enthusiast
micione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemicione20 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
I bricked a brand new Glo HD going from a 3.19 build to this one. It gets to four squares out of five, then goes black. The manual factory reset described here doesn't work, the result is the same. The PC doesn't recognize it as a connected device.

Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: I should mention the device was ordered from Japan.
Edit2: I finally got it fixed, it took five consequtive well-timed resets. Jeeze.
How did you fixed? I have the same problem too
Old 04-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #129
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
I decided today to finally upgrade my H2O from firmware 3.19.5761 (12/29/15). Figured I'd get the new home screen and then have to patch. But good news, lucky me, I retained the old home screen with the upgrade to 4.3.8966 - no patching needed. (I used the KOBO PC desktop app to upgrade. My affiliate is KoboIndigo.) Your mileage may vary.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #130
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by micione20 View Post
My kobo glo hd has a strange behaviour on display. It seems to be broken, all gray, but whrn i try to open a book, change page i see some flash. I should remember steps to connect to pc and try to press the touch without seeing nothing co connect. What should i do to solve? I altrady tried to install firmware twice, with sone difficulties as said, to connect as blind, to the pc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by micione20 View Post
How did you fixed? I have the same problem too
Your first post describes not being able to see things on the screen and sounds like a broken substrate. But, your second post is quoting something that sounds very different. Does the screen clear at any time for you to see what is going on?

A search for "broken substrate" should show you photos of other screens to compare yours to, or post a photo to show us what it looks like.

If it isn't the screen, you probably should start with a factory reset. If you can't navigate through the screens, I would suggest the last of the methods listed on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:51 AM   #131
micione20
Enthusiast

Thanks for reply.
I finally solved my problem flashing back3. 19.5761 firmware.

I have had a strqnge behaviour. When flashing i could see text written, even the 5 suares, and my procedure stop at 4 square. When flashing was done my screen was unable to be readable, all was grey, but i worked because i could see flash light when changing page (refresh every page). Connecting to pc was difficult because you should go for tentative without seeing what you was pressing.

Foetunately i remembered correct position of confirmation when usb cable was plugged into pc
Old 04-09-2017, 04:35 AM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
So, the screen was working, just faded. And going back to 3. 19.5761 fixed it. How did ou install 4.3.8966? If you did it manually, did you install all the files?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #133
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
I had been avoiding the plethora of new releases as I did not want to lose the homepage tiles on my Aura H2O. My husband inadvertently turned the Wi-Fi on yesterday and my device synced last night ;-(

Is it possible to go back to the tiled homepage, or can someone point me to roll-back instructions and appropriate firmware? I regrettably don't recall what firmware I was on except it was a 3. something.
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #134
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchiplin View Post
I had been avoiding the plethora of new releases as I did not want to lose the homepage tiles on my Aura H2O. My husband inadvertently turned the Wi-Fi on yesterday and my device synced last night ;-(

Is it possible to go back to the tiled homepage, or can someone point me to roll-back instructions and appropriate firmware? I regrettably don't recall what firmware I was on except it was a 3. something.
Instead of rolling back the firmware, there is a patch to disable the new homescreen.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284600

It worked for me on my original Kobo Aura when I synced it and got the dreaded new homescreen.

I did eventually roll back my firmware to an earlier version because I was experiencing some issues and thought I had patched it incorrectly (it was my first ever attempt at patching). However, after rolling back to the earlier firmware, the issues continued and I eventually discovered that they seemed to be related to some Chinese fonts which I had sideloaded at the same time I did the patching.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #135
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
[QUOTE=Question Mark;3517697]Instead of rolling back the firmware, there is a patch to disable the new homescreen.

I have read the thread and am ready to try the patch. However, I don't see which one disables the home screen. Can you possibly point me to it?
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote