Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Purchased book missing

So I bought a book from Kobo a few months ago and I downloaded the Adobe DRM epub. I have now checked my Library (I'm Reading and Purchased sections) against the Purchase History in My Account and this book is missing from my Library and I can't restore it. It shows up in the Purchase History and as Purchased when I access the product page but the product page says it is in my library but it's not. Is there any way I can fix this issue? I may have deleted this book but surely there is a way to restore trashed books.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My experience has always been that going to http://www.kobobooks.com/library/trash/index.html allows me to undelete material.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
If I am understanding correctly when you go your Library and then Purchased the book shows there correct? If it does then you will see at the top where it says to bookmark. Say yes and the book will move back into your library. Have had to this a couple of times in the last few days and it worked for me.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbles View Post
If I am understanding correctly when you go your Library and then Purchased the book shows there correct? If it does then you will see at the top where it says to bookmark. Say yes and the book will move back into your library. Have had to this a couple of times in the last few days and it worked for me.
No. It doesn't show up in the library at all. Not even in the trash. It does show up in Purchase History in the My Account section of the website and when I view the product page it says that the book is in my library but it isn't.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Note : the below worked for me using the Kobo android app, but it might work via a Kobo device.

Try searching the store from your device/app. When you find the book it should give you a download option. Click on that. It will then download to your device and show up in your library in the store.

(I see you have a Nexus, so you could try it via the Kobo app.)
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
corroonb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Note : the below worked for me using the Kobo android app, but it might work via a Kobo device.

Try searching the store from your device/app. When you find the book it should give you a download option. Click on that. It will then download to your device and show up in your library in the store.

(I see you have a Nexus, so you could try it via the Kobo app.)
I have downloaded it via the Kobo app and I can read it this way but if I sync the app, the book is deleted. And it still doesn't appear in the My Library section on the website. I think I'll have to email Kobo as this appears to be a bug of some sort.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
corroonb
Addict

I emailed Kobo and they fixed this for me promptly. Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Good to hear that you got this fixed up right away.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As long as the books show up as purchased under your account, Kobo takes care of it without a problem. The problems arise with free books or books you got as gifts, as they do not show up in your purchase history.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote