Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
leifern
leifern began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
M92 boots, but screen remains blank

i, used my device(Boox M92) on Thursday, and yesterday discovered it did work. Thought i had run out of battery so charged it the whole night. Tried again today, but no sucess. Tried connecting the device to a computer and i can connect and see my files, but no screen.

Tried resetting (the reset button on the back) but no change.

The onyx has been in the cover all the time. The screen is dead but everything else seems to work.

Anyone got a magic trick or do I have an expensive bookstand?

Bought the device from http://www.onyxboox.com/ january last year. Not really expecting much help from them based on earlier experiences.
leifern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leifern View Post
Bought the device from http://www.onyxboox.com/ january last year. Not really expecting much help from them based on earlier experiences.
The choice of the vendor is not only the choice of a price, the quality of support is very important.

There isn't a support ?

What's about the warranty ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
leifern

They have listed their support email as sales@onyxboox.com . Tried to find some other way of communication, but it seems neither their tiwitter account is not working (taken over by spambots) and postings on their facebook site warns users buying from this distributer.

From other postings it seems my screen is defect and needs replacement. Guess I just have to hope they will respond to my email.

EDIT: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167494 , optimism waning.

Last edited by leifern; 02-18-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Found more info
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
leifern

Got a reply today from someone called Gera. Asked if I had reset the device. Now the question is, what about warranty 13 months after purchase. At least someone is replying.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
leifern

Hello,
I've spoken to our manager about your case. Since your warranty has expired
we would have to charge a $100 repair fee and you would have to also pay for
the shipping to us, but we would pay for the shipping back to you.
If you have further questions let me know.
-Gera

Not too bad, but still irritating 1 month overdue on warranty...
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
leifern

The device was bought from an US reseller (onyxboox.com) not the european one (onyx-boox.com)
The european one is much more professional in its communication.

no more than 12 months warranty in the us.