Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #796
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Any chance that a future update might include date-stamping the availability search results?
I have made a simple change that will track the date of last change to the ol_wait_weeks custom column in another custom column named ol_wait_weeks_date. This isn't quite correct in that it will not show the date that availability was last determined if ol_wait_weeks is unchanged from the previous check, but it was much easier for me to implement it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Would it be possible to add an action or option to import the covers from overdrive?
The Overdrive Link plugin is not the appropriate place for that feature and I will not be adding it.

There is a separate Overdrive metadata source plugin included in calibre, but I don't think that plugin has worked for a while. It used to be able to obtain covers from OverDrive.

Personally, I use B&N and Amazon as my primary sources of covers.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #797
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.12.0 - 20 Apr 2017

Do not share book details between lending libraries when caching is disabled.

Allow the Audible UK site to be configured using library id "uk-store".

Save the date of last change of the ol_wait_weeks custom column in another custom column named ol_wait_weeks_date, if it exists. (The ol_wait_weeks_date column must have a column type of "Date".)
Advert
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #798
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have made a simple change that will track the date of last change to the ol_wait_weeks custom column in another custom column named ol_wait_weeks_date. This isn't quite correct in that it will not show the date that availability was last determined if ol_wait_weeks is unchanged from the previous check, but it was much easier for me to implement it that way.
Wow - Fast work - Thanks! Works perfectly as far as I can tell. I know it's kind of trivial, but it's nice to see at a glance how old the info is and whether to rerun the search before choosing which library to borrow from. I hope other users find it useful...

I just have to be careful not to select a blank date in that column - date columns apparently populate today's date automatically and can't then be cleared?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #799
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I just have to be careful not to select a blank date in that column - date columns apparently populate today's date automatically and can't then be cleared?
Right click within a date value and select "Set to undefined".

Last edited by jhowell; 04-20-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #800
thebabycub
thebabycub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I can confirm the Audible UK functionality is working. Many thanks.
thebabycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #801
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Feature Request: "not" in Title Search

I have quite a few books that I am hoping that libraries will acquire, and every once in a while I search for them. I mostly don't get anything, because many aren't even available as ebooks.

But every once in a while I get a hit, and then my hopes are dashed when it's not the right book. The problem is that then every time after that when I search, the same wrong book is found. Many of these could be excluded if I could add a "not" to the title.

For example, I'm looking for the original Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling that has the descriptions and pictures of the magical creatures. Now, though, it finds Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay.

I've also run into it with prolific authors, who have written a book with a very short title and then written other books with similar titles. The James Patterson "Private" series has this issue with Private Games and The Games.

Other books I search for sometimes return "study guides" for the real book. This mostly happens with classics, but I'm beginning to see it with more recent books, too.

In all these cases, I can screen them out with a "not this word". Maybe something like the following:
Code:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them^Screenplay
I know this is tricky, because you'd have to do the "not" after the real search, because no site offers boolean searches, but I think it would be helpful to a lot of people.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #802
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
In all these cases, I can screen them out with a "not this word". ...
I know this is tricky, because you'd have to do the "not" after the real search, because no site offers boolean searches, but I think it would be helpful to a lot of people.
Thanks for the suggestion. I need to think about it before I decide what to do.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #803
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There doesn't appear to be a way to migrate links to the new OverDrive websites, in the Discovered books view (only for books you have added to your library).

This is slightly confusing as I now have doubled links (old + new) for all those books, and I use the Discovered books view for my long-term wishlist.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #804
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There doesn't appear to be a way to migrate links to the new OverDrive websites, in the Discovered books view (only for books you have added to your library).
The plugin does not have a function to migrate links in the discovered book list. But there is a solution.

If all of your OverDrive libraries have already upgraded to the new style-website and you have done sufficient searches to duplicate all of the links you want to keep with new-style links then you can safely delete all of the old-style links in your discovered book list.

If you set the plugin tweak overdrive_link_remove_reserve_ids to True you can remove the old links. After setting this tweak restart calibre and then run the "Check and repair book links" menu choice. Any old-style links in your calibre library and in your discovered books list will be removed, leaving only the new-style links.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:39 AM   #805
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Cloud library EPUB3 errors

It looks like Cloud Library is now returning more detailed info on the search results pages. For example, this search shows the book as EPUB3.

Here's the error from the log:
Code:
Search NYPLCLOUD for nighthawk by graham brown 
Post https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary.com/uisvc/nypl/Search?media=ebook&src=lib 
Data {"count":20,"from":0,"SearchString":"graham brown nighthawk","SortBy":""} 
Search NYPLCLOUD for nighthawk by graham brown: : Server response error (Unexpected format: EPUB3) 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 917, in find_book_at_lib
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.cloud_library", line 226, in find_books
LibraryError: u'Unexpected format: EPUB3'
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #806
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
It looks like Cloud Library is now returning more detailed info on the search results pages. For example, this search shows the book as EPUB3.
Thanks for letting me know. This will be handled in the next plugin release.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #807
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.13.0 - 27 May 2017

Handle EPUB3 format found by searches at Cloud Library. (Fixes "Server response error (Unexpected format: EPUB3)")

Fix occasional errors searching Amazon due to website changes. (Fixes "Server response error (Bad s-result-count: Results for Kindle Store...)

Treat a book title containing "(Summary)" as not matching the same title without that suffix.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:04 AM   #808
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
my plug in seems to be stuck on searching only for epub: as pre a results summary below
Search for books by 59 authors
Overdrive Link 2.13.0, calibre 2.85.1
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Open EPUB eBook
I have several times gone to customise plug in and checked book type Mobi ( to do an amazon search ) but the change is not being applied.

this is the first time for a long time I have used this plug in, both it and calibre are up to date. I used to be able to search amazon with it.
what has gone wrong / what am i doing wrong
shoudl I remove and re-add the plug in or can I force a repair ?

update. after 2 more tries:
1. I unticked all the formats. it searched for epub!
2. I then ticked only mobi, finally it searched for that BUT also still searched for epub:
search for books by 59 authors
Overdrive Link 2.13.0, calibre 2.85.1
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook

Last edited by stumped; 06-01-2017 at 03:08 AM. Reason: update
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:47 AM   #809
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
my plug in seems to be stuck on searching only for epub...
Sorry, I won't have time to look into this unit next week.

If you just installed the latest plugin version then I suggest restarting calibre and trying again.

Last edited by jhowell; 06-01-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #810
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i think it could be because jobs were still running, and maybe it does not apply any changes to search preference unless all jobs have stopped ?
if that makes sense then file under user -error.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive