Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #136
duuri
duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Prestigio 3072b
nope only e-ink devices..but they have adnroid tablets
duuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #137
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hey folks, just curious. Have any of you opened up your Next1 yet?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems I have to recharge much sooner than usual lately. I'm thinking about looking for a newer battery to put into it, and am wondering what type might be in it?

I still only use it for reading, and it seems to be just about dead between 4 - 5 hours. I could probably stretch it out to 6 if I let it go all the way.

Thanks.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #138
petrolej
petrolej began at the beginning.

Device: 3072b
Quote:
Originally Posted by duuri View Post
i wrote to [restigio techsupport and i finally got response :

Dear Juraj xxx .

Thanks for contacting Prestigio support

Thanks for your response. We will try to fix all these bugs in our new firmware.

In case if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With best regards, Alexey.

At 19/03/11 17:5 you wrote:
Hi, i recently discovered new firmware for per3072b on you support site.. i was very happy about that but after i fleshed it to my device i found few bugs in it.. function to recognize correct charset in documents (pdb,txt..) is not working it doesn't recognize charset and when i choose it manually (by pdb files) it doens't work correctly.. special character for my language (slovak) or for czech are not displayed correctly. If i choose charset manually by txt file it's working but it doesn't save that settings and i have to do it every time i open same tx file..and there is also a small glitch in mneu where i can choose charset, i must push down button to get list of charset displayed. Will be there new version of firmware? to correct those bugs? i'm very satisfied with my device and this new firmware (beside those bugs) is very good, it's faster and also movies are played very well..maybe htere can be added support for subtitles. Juraj
Hi,

I have exactly that same problem as you. So I hope they release new firmware soon coz' only I can read are txt and some pdf documents.

Petrolej.
petrolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #139
petrolej
petrolej began at the beginning.

Device: 3072b

Hi guys,

I heard firmware 2.3.4 for 3072b was already released. But newest i can find is just 2.3.2. Do you have some info about that?

Thanx,
petrolej.
petrolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #140
FlashDark
FlashDark will become famous soon enoughFlashDark will become famous soon enoughFlashDark will become famous soon enoughFlashDark will become famous soon enoughFlashDark will become famous soon enoughFlashDark will become famous soon enough

Device: PER3072B
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolej View Post
Hi guys,

I heard firmware 2.3.4 for 3072b was already released. But newest i can find is just 2.3.2. Do you have some info about that?

Thanx,
petrolej.
I have bought a 3072b with 2.3.5 inside.
FlashDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #141
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDark View Post
I can almost taste that firmware.... Can't wait to sink my teeth into this one!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #142
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDark View Post
Nice. Do you think you can rip it and UL it somewhere for us? Or did nrapallo already come after you for that?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #143
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan View Post
Nice. Do you think you can rip it and UL it somewhere for us? Or did nrapallo already come after you for that?
FlashDark already graciously offered to rip it (unsolicited) and it should surface within a couple of days.....
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #144
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
FlashDark already graciously offered to rip it (unsolicited) and it should surface within a couple of days.....
Firmware v2.3.5 uploaded to my mediafire account here.

I noticed a new Start Menu button for Games where the Manual button was previously (the Manual can now be accessed in the Settings menu). See the new manual attached below for more info.

I haven't yet tried it out extensively, but did notice more Brightness levels (8). The one glaring mistake IMHO is not re-adding the Catalog menu item to .pdf books; this was lost when they introduced in v2.3.2 the Re-alignment (pdf reflow) ability.

The firmware, of course, is compliments of FlashDark, who also commented to me that he didn't notice much else changed in this firmware. Any thoughts?

Oh well, at least we have the chance to see for ourselves now....

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EN-PER3072 user manual v4.0.pdf (848.3 KB, 2602 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-07-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added newest pdf manual (english)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #145
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Firmware v2.3.5 uploaded to my mediafire account here.
The previously uploaded firmware file I created was not playing videos all too well so I've recreated the firmware .img from FlashDark's files and the newly created one does a better job!

Those that downloaded it yesterday should reflash again with the new one.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #146
DeadMan
Enthusiast

Thanks guys for this! Will flash tonight.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #147
mtippman
mtippman began at the beginning.

Device: Nextbook Next1
Hello! I am desparately seeking HELP!! Please forgive my stupidity...but my son just received the NEXT1 and I am having great difficulty getting it set up for him. This is the ONLY place on the internet that I have found much reference to the NEXT1. My problem is simply this...the directions say to download Adobe Digital Editions...however ADE states it does not support NEXT1. NEXTBOOK shows up on the ADE bookshelf...but when I transfer a book and turn on the NEXT 1 it states. "wrong loan info, maybe" or something to that effect." I currently have the Sony reader and works perfectly with ADE. What I am wondering is how those of you have used your NEXT1 if ADE does not support it?? Or is this event he problem? Is there something else out there that does support NEXT1 that I should be using in place of ADE?? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
mtippman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #148
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
Smile

use calibre instead of adobe digital editions that should work
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #149
ipaq70
ipaq70 began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio 3072B
Quote:
Originally Posted by duuri View Post
selecting correct charset in pdb,epub doesn't work for me and everytime i open a txt file i must select correct charset. It doesn't select correct charset and it doesn't remeber my selection
Hi, I have a solution for your problem. Because the reader has set the default code page 1251 (pdb, txt), just replace cp1251 with cp1250 named cp1251 in the firmware. The best solution for epub is to use embedded fonts. Tested
ipaq70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #150
DeadMan
Enthusiast

PER3072b v3.04 Firmware

Hey folks, everyone still useing the ol Next1 or Prestigio 3072b? Always use mine yet, although I'll be upgrading to a 10" screen of some sort this year (Yes I've said it before, but haven't been happy with whats out there.)

Anyway, just noticed this "new" firmware on the Prestigio FTP site:

PER3072B-EN-V3.04(08-08-11).zip

I don't think it was there in August, but I can't recall the last time I browsed through the FTP site either.

Just waiting for the extremely slow download to finish and I may flash it to my Next1/Pretigio this afternoon. 38mins to go... I'll report back on my findings.

Tags
next1, nextbook, per3072b, prestigio