Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Problem with HTMLs

I found that converting the free Lone Wolf Gamebooks the "larger" images don't make it to the .LRF.

Seems to be a Calibre error because the htmls are perfect in firefox and are "simple".

Have tried using Calibre GUI and html2lrf.exe but everytime the same result.

Anyone care to have a go?

Download zip from this page
http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/FlightFromTheDark
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try converting to epub instead
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
try converting to epub instead

Thanks as always Kovid.

Converted to epub but it crashes (causes reset) on my 505.

Any ideas?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which set of HTML files are you trying to convert exactly?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
Which set of HTML files are you trying to convert exactly?
This one:
http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/01fftd/01fftd.zip

It does convert with bookglutton properly. However the order of the pages, while the links work, is not correct. Not a big deal because the main reading part of the book is in order.

The htms already have a comprehensive TOC which links to a page with all the other links. So if I unzip and use Calibre and choose the TOC then things are in the right order but the larger pictures do not show.

Last edited by shousa; 11-19-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I tried the calibre generated epub on my 505, it works fine
Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
I tried the calibre generated epub on my 505, it works fine
Did you check the large illustrations?

If you go to the TOC choose list of illustrations - this will be the large ones (there are many illustrations which do work - my point is a handful of large ones don't work).
Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I thought you said the illustration problem was with lrf
Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
I thought you said the illustration problem was with lrf
Oops, sorry wrong tangent.

Could I ask how you did it exactly?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

html2epub toc.html
Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
html2epub toc.html
Oh...that is what I did.

Does it make a difference I am using Vista?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

no. sometimes the reader resets and is fine afterwards (memory leaks)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
no. sometimes the reader resets and is fine afterwards (memory leaks)
With Windows XP I just tested the epub files from both bookglutton and html2epub and here is what happened.

- the bookglutton one works very well
- the html2epub dies on loading (using mobipocket)

So on both XP and Vista (2 diff pc) html2epub and html2lrf cannot convert the file correctly.

In the case of html2epub the files are always corrupt and cannot even be loaded by a reader.

In the case of html2lrf the larger images don't show.

Yet bookglutton's epub maker works.

Are you using Linux?

Last edited by shousa; 11-19-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There is no difference in conversion on windows and linux. After the reader crashes, try opening the file again, once it reboots. ANd see if you can view the epub file using calibre's viewer.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
shousa
Groupie

Quote:
There is no difference in conversion on windows and linux. After the reader crashes, try opening the file again, once it reboots. ANd see if you can view the epub file using calibre's viewer.
I redid the conversion and it can open in calibre's ebook viewer and seems fine.

I had tried opening the original conversion a few times on the 505 and it did not work. Will retry and report results.