Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
How to delete books from the library?

Hi Guys,
The last button on the left is supposed to be the delete button but when I push it, nothing happens-- the book is still there.Thought there must be some problem with my Cybook or am I missing something? Shall appreciate your inputs.
Cheers,
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Your cybook is fine it's just that the delete function isn't supported yet,maybe in a future firmware upgrade, in the meantime just remove the ebooks via pc.

Regards
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Your cybook is fine it's just that the delete function isn't supported yet,
... as is clearly stated in the user guide.

PLEASE read the user guide before asking questions here, folks. It is there for a reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 AM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
PLEASE read the user guide before asking questions here, folks. It is there for a reason.
Now where did I put that guide....oh I remember.....the dog ate it!!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:00 AM   #5
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Harry

You have a certain style, which is fantastic in many circumstances but why would a naturally communicative person choose to read through a manual rather than post a quick question to a very friendly and supportive set of folk on a website - like this?

Don't answer this Harry - read the "Why people post" manual.

P
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I've read the manual but didn't notice that in it.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I've read the manual but didn't notice that in it.
It's in section 3.2, "Using the Buttons".
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Your cybook is fine it's just that the delete function isn't supported yet,maybe in a future firmware upgrade, in the meantime just remove the ebooks via pc.

Regards
Thanks. Now it's clear
cheers,
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur
lordofazeroth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini and kindle touch
Seriously, I can't find how to delete a file with this button.
When I'm in the library, nothing happens, when I press this button.
There is nothing in the manual either.

Can somebody tell me how to use this button?
lordofazeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofazeroth View Post
Seriously, I can't find how to delete a file with this button.
When I'm in the library, nothing happens, when I press this button.
There is nothing in the manual either.

Can somebody tell me how to use this button?
Plz re-read this thread
Old 12-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur

I read section 3.2 again, nothing.
I have firmware 1.2 802, that means, the button is activated.
Quote:
(Not active in version 1.0)
Next?
Old 12-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It didn't do anything in firmware 1.0, and it still doesn't do anything in firmware 1.2 .
Old 12-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #13
lordofazeroth
Connoisseur

Thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofazeroth View Post
Thanks
Yep. Button 'activation' means diddly-squat until it actually *works*.

Given that implementing a true 'delete' function would be trivial in programming terms - after all, the subset of known file types recognized by the Cybook are very small - it adds to my belief that Bookeen has too few programmers actually developing features.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #15
Kaero
Kaero began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
...it adds to my belief that Bookeen has too few programmers actually developing features.

Derek
Too few? IMHO correct term is extremely lazy. How long does it take to associate one button with command
"rm -f ebook ebooknamepart.t2b ebooknamepart.mbp ebooknamepart.bmk"
???

If the hardware is working, then the programmer must be totaly stupid lazy bitch.
Kaero is offline   Reply With Quote