Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
jlocicero
jlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjlocicero can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Post a small section of the XML code so we can see what class needs the text-indent.
Here you go:

Code:
<body class="calibre">
  <p class="chapter" id="calibre_toc_2"><span class="s1"><i class="calibre3">Chapter One</i></span></p>

<p class="p9"></p>

<p class="p13"><span class="s1">Angels were falling all over the place.</span></p>

<p class="p13"><span class="s1">Miles blinked, trying to resolve the golden streaks sleeting through his vision into mere retinal flashes, but they stubbornly persisted as tiny, distinct figures, faces dismayed, mouths round. He heard their wavering cries like the whistle of fireworks from far off, the echoes buffeted by hillsides.</span></p>
I've been trying to fix this myself. At first I used Turtle91's suggestion to add "p {text-indent:1.2em}", but this caused the centered chapter titles ("Chapter One", etc.) to be indented. So I looked a little deeper and saw that each paragraph was using "p13" and "s1". I assume "p13" refers to different paragraph styles - why there are so many is beyond me. I tried adding the indent to "p13" (what is a "span class" anyway?). And it worked!

Here is what I came up with:

Code:
.p13 {
    display: block;
    font-family: "Minion Pro";
    font-size: 0.70588em;
    font-style: normal;
    font-variant: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: normal;
    text-indent: 1.2em;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
    text-align: justify
    }
I assume I could have added it anywhere within the braces, right?

Here is the original:

Code:
.s1 {
    letter-spacing: -0.8px
    }
And I just took it out:

Code:
.s1 {
    }
Done! Thank you for all your help! I still have to test it on Kindle iOS, but for that I have to take it home to convert with Calibre. I'm not scared to tweak this stuff any more, so I will try to add some space between the chapter title and the body of text.

Thanks again!
jlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Should I be shocked to see that an official ePUB used Calibre for conversions? I am actually.
BAEN has been using Calibre for a long time now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert