Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #16
roebeet
Connoisseur
roebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-booksroebeet has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 4 Basic, Kobo Aura
Yes, the old apps are still there - it's actually not a firmware update, just an additional launcher that gets added. This launcher gives you the ability to use the PD apps, or add third-party apps, and I find the performance to be good. It also remaps the volume buttons because the other launcher needs a back and menu tactile button.

Also, I read that this device is locked down to 66 Mhz - there's an app called "SetCPU" where you can increase that, with the assumption that battery life will suffer. I believe that it helps a bit with video playback, but still testing. Definitely helps with overall performance.
roebeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #17
lotrfan
Connoisseur
lotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet View Post
Yes, the old apps are still there - it's actually not a firmware update, just an additional launcher that gets added. This launcher gives you the ability to use the PD apps, or add third-party apps, and I find the performance to be good. It also remaps the volume buttons because the other launcher needs a back and menu tactile button.

Also, I read that this device is locked down to 66 Mhz - there's an app called "SetCPU" where you can increase that, with the assumption that battery life will suffer. I believe that it helps a bit with video playback, but still testing. Definitely helps with overall performance.
Well I did the mod last night. All seems good except I need to learn how to install the apps. Interesting that the Barns and Noble reader is not accessible from the Panda launcher which suggests that it is "embedded" with Pandigital's launcher (unless I missed it somhow).
lotrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
asaxena11
asaxena11 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
I see Novel is available at Kohls for $189
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...=1280330215864

but what i noticed is they are selling is model PRD07T10WWH7 . where as on Pandiigtal site there is a new model called as cloned model number PRD07T10WWH756 [Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader - White (cloned)]

Anybody aware of what is this clone?
asaxena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #19
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaxena11 View Post
I see Novel is available at Kohls for $189
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...=1280330215864

but what i noticed is they are selling is model PRD07T10WWH7 . where as on Pandiigtal site there is a new model called as cloned model number PRD07T10WWH756 [Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReader - White (cloned)]

Anybody aware of what is this clone?
I am not 100% sure but, I believe one is the model at Bed Bath & Beyond and the other is the Kohl's model....
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
chuckm441
Romans 8:1-2
chuckm441 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Take another look at these models ...

Hello everyone, this thread is still valid because model PRD07T10WWH756 is still available. At least for today (12/3/2011) and tomorrow, you can pick it up online for $69.99 with free shipping. I checked and the firmware update is available on their site, and is good for all of their 7" Novel eReaders, converting them to "Media Tablet functionality," as they call it. So for those of you looking for a decent color eReader with additional capabilities, take a look at these again. I'm getting one for my wife for Christmas.

God bless! Chuck
chuckm441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #21
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Still using mine and I love it... I haven't updated it recently though b/c it is a pain to have to reinstall all the programs and put the books back in, etc... too time consuming. I wish we could just update and all the data stays where it is... Wish it were more like a computer update...
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote