Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #136
illybay
illybay began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Newbie from NH

I LUV YOU Grnadma! Thanks for the info & welcome.
illybay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #137
matthew tenney
Enthusiast
matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!matthew tenney is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So many new people lately. A great big welcome to you all!

Many of you have been lurking for ages, many are totally new to the experience.

Got a Kindle and Having problems getting started? Try here........the Amazon Kindle "fast start" page.......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200375430

This is for those of you wondering where to get all those free books you've been hearing about.

Start HERE first. We have thousands of free ebooks, loving formatted by our own members, for a great reading experience. Look under the "ebooks" Tab.

Now, there is also www.feedbooks.com This site offers books also beautifully formatted, and they also have a catalog available to be loaded directly to the Kindle. Books are available in English, French and Spanish

And then, there is www.manybooks.net Books are available in 32 languages. A site well worth looking at.

Baen books is a wonderful site for SciFi enthusiasts. http://www.baen.com/ Lots of free books available here.

These are just some of the places to go for free books, regardless of the device owned. I"m sure other members will post different ones.

Enjoy!
Thanks Desertgrandma! That is some great info!
matthew tenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #138
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew tenney View Post
Thanks Desertgrandma! That is some great info!
And if you want more free books look on our wiki there is a whole article with lots of choices for free eBooks, including all the ones you mentioned and hundreds of more.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #139
PennyWilliams
PennyWilliams began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thank you for the warm welcome.
PennyWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #140
ChrissieFizz
ChrissieFizz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just got my Kindle!

Hi, good to find an ebook forum. I look forward to investigating!

C
ChrissieFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #141
pdani
pdani began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
For lots of links to free, modern, legal ebooks including promotional give-aways and indie author freebies, check out

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/
CMBS,
the blog seems to be by invitation only... how can I arrange for one?
thanks,
Dani
pdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #142
sveto
sveto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
hello everyone, i'm a new one here.
sveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #143
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Not many "regulars" monitor this forum, sveto, but welcome. Check out the new member sections and permanent posts here for lots of goodies.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #144
David Gaughran
@DavidGaughran
David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none (yet)
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the site. I think I joined during the summer, but I haven't been around much. Still poking my nose in here and there, seeing what's going on.

I'm an author as well as a reader, and I just wanted to check the rules before posting a link and contravening some guideline.

I released the PDF version of my last book (a how to guide on self-publishing) under a Creative Commons License - meaning anyone is free to copy, print, share, download etc., as long as they credit me as the author, don't amend it, and don't profit from it.

It's free for anyone to share. Is there an appropriate spot to either upload it, or share the link?

Dave
David Gaughran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #145
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gaughran View Post
Hi,

I'm relatively new to the site. I think I joined during the summer, but I haven't been around much. Still poking my nose in here and there, seeing what's going on.

I'm an author as well as a reader, and I just wanted to check the rules before posting a link and contravening some guideline.

I released the PDF version of my last book (a how to guide on self-publishing) under a Creative Commons License - meaning anyone is free to copy, print, share, download etc., as long as they credit me as the author, don't amend it, and don't profit from it.

It's free for anyone to share. Is there an appropriate spot to either upload it, or share the link?

Dave
Yes, we have an eBook upload area of the site and we also have an author area of the site where you can discuss topics with other authors and can announce eBooks. Welcome to the site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #146
ProjeKtWEREWOLF
Imperator Vult
ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Kindle
Thanks so much for the info. I'm new to all this and am very grateful.
ProjeKtWEREWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #147
rpatter
Madam Mayhem
rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3; Samsung Tab 10, Samsung Galaxy S, Note 3, Kindle PW
Thank you for this post! A newbie to my Kindle 3, MR, Calibre, etc.

This site is awesome and this information is absolutely something I have looked for. I have read the WIKI.

Thank you, Grandma, and to all who make the forums a home base for the huge learning curve of all newbies.
rpatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #148
RACHEL12
RACHEL12 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks so much I'm a real newbie so this thread is great I'm sure I will have lots of questions
RACHEL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #149
vileto
Banned
vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.vileto can teach chickens to fly.

Device: epad
Oop, thank you so much, OP.

That is exactly what we newbies need...
vileto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #150
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Wow. I am thrilled this post still is helpful.

Remember, the more you post, research, and ask questions, the more you'll learn!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote