Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #76
allinhi/
Connoisseur
allinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfoldedallinhi/ reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook color
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is mine also. Also: A Rose for Ecclesiastes, Left Hand of Darkness, The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World, all stick with me.
allinhi/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #77
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFeldt View Post
Oh well, a flagrant display of ignorance every now and then is a good way to humble ones soul I suppose.
Well, don't be too hard on yourself lol
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #78
vans
Zealot
vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Elonix 621eb, Asus Transformer, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I was comparing the title to the book. I thought the book was OK, it is just that I think the title is brilliant verging on genius. I use it to describe myself when I start a new project or find myself in odd or unusual places.
vans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #79
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
NP I do love the title -- one of the best known around and wonderful book. I'm just sad about you not liking it....it's okay...different strokes and all that...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #80
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
For poeticism, how about:

"Ameri-
can Heri-
tage Dic-
tionary"

Now I know why I've always liked saying that title out loud.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #81
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I think the two most striking titles of books I've read have been:

"I Been in Sorrow's Kitchen and Licked Out All the Pots"

"The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things"
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:31 AM   #82
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I think the two most striking titles of books I've read have been:

"I Been in Sorrow's Kitchen and Licked Out All the Pots"

"The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things"

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #83
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
You're missing out.
And I'm happy to keep missing out.

I've read two Mieville books, and that's two more than I should have bothered with.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #84
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
And I'm happy to keep missing out.

I've read two Mieville books, and that's two more than I should have bothered with.
Blaaaaspheeeemeeer!
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #85
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #86
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
I've never really thought about it before, but the first titles that come to mind are all classics:

The Hound of the Baskervilles
The War of the Worlds
Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #87
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I guess I'm the only one who reads "titles" as a different word every time I read the thread name?
Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Reminds me of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry plays 'Chinese Whispers' with the children.

Good thread, though.

I suppose with my mind already following this train of thought, I might as well add Prick Up Your Ears, the biography of Joe Orton by John Lahr.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #88
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The thread about running out of shelf space and various solutions jogged my memory about this title of Anthony Powell's: Books Do Furnish a Room.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #89
Merlin1972
Merlin1972 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
Hope not already posted:

The Infinity Concerto by Greg Bear. Book one of "Songs of Earth and Power" also not bad!

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan.
Merlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #90
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I haven't read it, but I find this title intriguing:

Benjamin X. Wretling - Castles: A Fictional Memoir Of A Girl With Scissors
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote