Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 04:01 AM   #721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
KSM8 was definitely wrong. You needed a version of KSM9.

At this point, you should do a manual factory reset. For instructions, see, https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Kobo-Clara-HD. Then do the device setup and then the KSM install.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #722
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It's a duplicate message. Also see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...58#post3937058
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #723
asiadream
asiadream began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
The Clara KSM 9 version works only partially with the Kobo Forma.

- No USB support, only USB-Net
- The touch driver does not fit the screen of the Kobo Forma

Maybe my Kobo Forma reacts differently.

I replaced the drivers for the display and also used update_ids.zip.

I have already specified some settings specifically for the Forma in this KSM 9 installation.

Everything works for me now for the Forma!

Attention: The attached KSM 9 version is only for the Forma! Please do not install on another device!
Hello,
After rooted it, I press "start Nickel", so it goes directly to Kobo menu again, how i get it back?
asiadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:39 AM   #724
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By default it'll switch between what it starts on boot, but it should also have made some icons that you can use to exit if you followed the procedure correctly.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #725
jkalin12345
jkalin12345 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Libra H2O

Are there any experiences with Kobo Libra H2O?
jkalin12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2020, 06:52 AM   #726
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
/mn/onboard is busy

I have a new Clara with KSM9 installed. KSM/KOreader/Coolreader are all working great, THANKS!

I had ONE problem - if I tried to start USB with "usb enable id like nickel.sh", it would always fail with "/mnt/onboard is busy". If I started and stopped nickel, it would work.

I discovered that if I set "useDropbear=false" in the config file, I do NOT get this error. lsof does show a couple of the Dropbear files open immediately after a reboot.

Is this a known issue? Or is there some other config modification that is needed? I found some discussion on the thread from a couple of years ago, but it looked like it was before the release of KSM9

Thanks!

Dan
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:19 AM   #727
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawson1 View Post
I have a new Clara with KSM9 installed. KSM/KOreader/Coolreader are all working great, THANKS!

I had ONE problem - if I tried to start USB with "usb enable id like nickel.sh", it would always fail with "/mnt/onboard is busy". If I started and stopped nickel, it would work.

I discovered that if I set "useDropbear=false" in the config file, I do NOT get this error. lsof does show a couple of the Dropbear files open immediately after a reboot.

Is this a known issue? Or is there some other config modification that is needed? I found some discussion on the thread from a couple of years ago, but it looked like it was before the release of KSM9

Thanks!

Dan
I guess what is happening is that KSM starts with "usbnet automtically enabled on start". In this connection dropbear is also started because of "useDropbear=true". For some reason it seems KSM fails to unload dropbear before trying to switch to usb storage mode. Since the dropbear files are located on the user partition, mnt/onboard remains busy. This seems to be the general problem we would have to address, when trying to find a clean solution.
Since KSM is not supported anylonger, there is another question. Is it a problem for you to set "useDropbear=false"? Since this setting concerns only the use of dropbear for usbnet anyway (not for wifi),I see not much need of having it enabled. Actually, I never ever used dropbear myself.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #728
slaviksd2
slaviksd2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, sage
hi, anybody knows how to change "low battery notification", in cool reader, from 30% to 5% or 10% ?
it's really annoying. thank you

vlasovsoft with cool reader on kobo forma.
slaviksd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #729
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can now use NickelMenu to exit from nickel back to KSM by inserting the following line into the config file (of NickelMenu):

Code:
menu_item :main   :Exit nickel          :cmd_spawn          :if pidof ksmhome.sh; then $ksmroot/fmonsh/exit_nickel.sh; fi
Old 05-05-2020, 10:41 PM   #730
drawson1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Since KSM is not supported anylonger, there is another question. Is it a problem for you to set "useDropbear=false"? Since this setting concerns only the use of dropbear for usbnet anyway (not for wifi),I see not much need of having it enabled. Actually, I never ever used dropbear myself.
Thanks - that's just what I did; I left the "useDropbear=false" in the config file
Old 05-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #731
drawson1
Connoisseur

KSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Since KSM is not supported anylonger.........
Sorry to hear that - it's been a GREAT tool for me for several years!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:51 AM   #732
nihilazo
nihilazo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
if ksm is no longer supported, what should I use instead?
nihilazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:46 AM   #733
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilazo View Post
if ksm is no longer supported, what should I use instead?
Have a look at One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato and NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #734
Brain
Enthusiast
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Recently I've messed up my Kobo Aura One a bit, by installing new firmware through start menu 'handle update' function, I chose the wrong one out of 2. Don't remember the exact terms, but there's one which skips function which would mess with KSM functionality and I selected the other one.

So right now device goes into nickel and I also have a bunch of .png images displayed as books, like appbar.align.right.

What steps should I take to recover the start menu functionality?
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #735
Frenzie
Wizard

If the firmware is too new you may not be able to use KSM, in which case you'll need to go to NickelMenu.