Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Teddy66
Teddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo: Need SD card image

Hello,

My Kobo Glo seems bricked: I have only fixed blue led when I want to turn on it.
I have tried all to wake up it but without result.
I have open my Kobo but I need a SD card image.

Is it possible to get an image to fix it?
Thank you in advance.

Greetings.
Excuse me fo my poor english, it is not my navive language.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I've sent you a private message with a link to my image.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Teddy66
Teddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of lightTeddy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Kevin.

My Kobo is working again with your sd image.
You're great.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
maslow
maslow began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO by FNAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy66 View Post
Hello,
My Kobo Glo seems bricked:
Mine too is bricked.
After reading lots of posts on this forum the last 10 or so days, I am sure I need an sd image for my GLO model N613, because I opened it up. I hope someone helps me on this. Here is my story.

After connecting the Glo to the PC I enabled the Setuprogramma (v3.2.3):
- After a few seconds it stopped synchronizing
- current firmware is 2.6….something (cannot check)
- message in windows vista: disk drive in d: must be formatted.
- visited English and French forums, and from there took the following actions:

1. reinitialized and reset (several times, config via pc does not start= hangs)
2. tried other USB connections also on windows 7 pc, same messages
3. in device manager no yellow warnings, all’s fine!
4. switched off and on the KOBO driver
5. in between actions retried to configure (after reinitialization)
6. sometimes I could see analytics.conf and Kobo eReader.conf in explorer
7. windows system manager does not want to format the 1.33 Gb partition
8. upset the reader so it did not want to be switched off anymore for two days
9. luckily pinching back and front during switching helped (read that somewhere)!
10. ordered a sd micro card adapter for the sd reader in my TOSHIBA laptop

Is there a ‘…for Dummies’ post to do the trick step by step, I do not know Linux (yet)?

Greetings

oops, forgot to mention that I also need an image for my model n613

Last edited by maslow; 09-11-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Teddy66

Hello,

I have followed this link : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122.
For the sd image I have got it from KevinShort and I do not know if I may send it to you. Please ask for him.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
ivnvlp
ivnvlp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
please, I'm interested in GLO img too.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've sent both of you private messages with the link to my Glo image.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
HaPe72
HaPe72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo (N613)
Hi, did you found meanwhile a solution for your problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslow View Post
- message in windows vista: disk drive in d: must be formatted.
I also swapped the micro-sd cards and the problem occurs for me also with the original one.

I believe the internal sd-card got automatically some bytes written when I made a backup with the creator.

The Kobo Glo itself recognize the sd-card and the stored content but when connecting the device via USB the PC thinks its a kind of removeable storage and due to the different partitions it bind it in.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
maslow
maslow began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO by FNAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPe72 View Post
Hi, did you found meanwhile a solution for your problem?
Hi,
Have not used the image, since KOBO support (Dutch) contacted me on the 13th before my micro sd card arrived. They wanted to replace the GLO because they had not answered me for some 10 days. Well, it took them another 10 days and me writing the KOBO-support in english to refer to the dutch ticket, before action was taken. Now my KOBO is on its way from France to Holland.

I did try though to reformat the drive in Windows, but it could not get the action done. I have not taken out the micro sd yet, but keep the image, so generously given by KevinShort, nearby because I finally received my ordered micro sd card too.

I personally think it is the firmware version that is not stable. Before 2.6 I did not have a single problem.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
gr0ver
gr0ver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi folks, can anyone point me to the internal SD card image for the glo? My own Kobo Glo is bricked.

Thanks folks. Grover
Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0ver View Post
Hi folks, can anyone point me to the internal SD card image for the glo? My own Kobo Glo is bricked.

Thanks folks. Grover
I've sent you a PM with the link.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
BOS_78
BOS_78 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
kobo image

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I've sent you a private message with a link to my image.
Hi,
my kobo glo seems like it's done. hoping an new image might help. could you send me your image?

thanks,
Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@BOS_78: As I don't know when Kevin will see this, I have sent you a PM with a link to the image for the Glo that I have. It's one I got earlier in the year, so it might actually be a copy Kevin's image.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
coolloser
Enthusiast
coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coolloser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs-600,T2, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kindle 3G/PW4/PW5/O3
Could you please pm me a link davidfor?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
cooluser: PM sent.
Closed Thread