Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 07-12-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
KenpoJudge
KenpoJudge began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70V/U
MyWay.com

Has anyone looked into http://www.myway.com/ as a Yahoo! alternative/replacement on iSilo?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #2
zorro_ksig8
zorro_ksig8 is on a distinguished road

very cool website, I'm using it to get rid of mymsn
Advert
Old 07-15-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
KenpoJudge
KenpoJudge began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70V/U
MyWay.com with iSiloX

Yes, very cool... However, I was kinda looking for anyone who'd used it with iSiloX.

:-)
Old 11-08-2003, 12:34 AM   #4
fatcicak
fatcicak began at the beginning.

Device: Clie SJ33
I tried but couldn't get it to work with isiloX. Anyone done it yet? It'll be great to have the news page.
http://news.myway.com/index/id/top|ap.html
Old 02-23-2004, 10:38 AM   #5
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Anyone out there?

Thought this deserved another try - has anyone succeeded in making this useful in iSilo? It's such a great news resource.
Advert
Old 02-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
undone
undone began at the beginning.

myway rocks, but unfourtunatly doesnt work w/ iSilo as far as i can figure...

Ive been using myway for a very long time now, way before it was popular, and i absolutly love it. however, i cant figure out how to get iSilo convert it. i think it has to do with all the weird table/java/external links that myway uses. im no expert in this area, so im hoping someone else will try to figure it out!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by undone
i think it has to do with all the weird table/java/external links...
Indeed. I have never seen such a messy html code with more javascript than anything else. Unfortunately, neither iSiloX nor any other offline PDA browser I am aware of currently interprets javascript.

To see what that means, temporarily disable javascript in your web browser and try to visit one of the myway.com news pages. You won't see much more than an empty page.

Fortunately, some myway.com pages are viewable even without javascript (for instance the movies pages). I attached a .ixl for these. Use your web browser with javascript disabled to find all myway.com sections that work without javascript. Feel free to post your findings here.

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: ixl MyWay.ixl (11.7 KB, 474 views)
Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #8
undone
undone began at the beginning.

thanks!

Yeah, i really wish there was a palm browser capable of java. that would make alot of sense and be really cool. but for now ill just have to find pages the hard way. thanks for the .ixl list , i will try to find some more myway pages that are capable and ill post them.

BTW- i cant seem to get my iSilo to work w/o using it through the explorer tool. the normal program gives me this message for example:

"Unable to open: http://movies.myway.com/coming_soon.html"

it happens w/ any page i try. maybe some problem connecting to the internet? it happens at both school and home. i have norton at home (cannot get around any acess rights or firewalls) and at school im not sure what they use, but i probably can get around anything blocking acess at school . I just need to know what exactly is preventing me to dl these pages. thanks!