Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 05-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Lightbulb Tip: Stop Hitting the Button

I thought I'd share this tip with you guys since it is working out so well for me.

Autosyncing programs can increase the ease and speed of your news gathering and syncing. The only thing you need to do is remember to have your handheld in the cradle and be logged onto the net.

I set mine up to start syncing just a few minutes after my scheduled iSiloX conversions in the morning. That way, iSiloX is doing it's thang in the background, while the computer is simultaneously popping the files to the pda. You might need to play with the timing to get it right. Mine is set to start 5 minutes after iSiloX.

If you own BackUpBuddy, there is a free autosync program that comes with it. The only disadvantage to this app is that you only get one schedule per day. You can also check out Autosync, which is $10 shareware, and enables two syncs per day.

By autosyncing, I just walk out the door and all my files have 'mysteriously' appeared on my Clie. No more hitting the hotsync button for me.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:48 PM   #2
Srevets
Srevets began at the beginning.

Re: Tip: Stop Hitting the Button

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE
I thought I'd share this tip with you guys since it is working out so well for me.

Autosync, which is $10 shareware, and enables two syncs per day.

By autosyncing, I just walk out the door and all my files have 'mysteriously' appeared on my Clie. No more hitting the hotsync button for me.
Great Tip Sunshine!

Since my iSilo downloads were taking anywhere from 15-20 min (I never suffer from lack of reading material.. lol), I wanted to find a way to have it done for me while I was rushing around in the morning, getting kids off to school, etc.

I discovered autosync last week, and even though it has a free trial period, I ended up purchasing it two days later!

It's simple, yet effective. You can actually have automatic syncs done every 15 minutes if you choose to, but the program allows you to set two independent schedules for syncing. It's really quite flexible.

Just thought I'd share my experience in case others are interested.

Regards...
Srevets
Advert
Old 05-06-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Good point. I failed to mention the "sync again" feature in Autosync, which enables you to choose time intervals to sync again. Depending on the amount of stuff you're pulling down, it may make sense to have it autosync again 15 mins later.

I use it for the exact same thing: rushing around in the morning. Everything's all set for me when I run out the door.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

For anyone that's interested in trying this method out but doesn't want to spring for it: syncer is free and was just updated.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:56 PM   #5
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
thanks!
Advert
Old 06-02-2003, 10:27 PM   #6
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast
kennethmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Treo680
Sync apps

Am I missing somethere obvious here? As far as I can tell, there is no scheduling in iSiloX. If I have an app that auto-syncs my handheld, I'm still going to have to manually refresh the converted files, right?

Someone please clue me in - having the ability to schedule docs to get "refreshed" in iSiloX (re-creating the converted file), then having a program that would auto-sync my Palm would be absolutely fantastic.

The first post of this thread (sUnShInE) described "scheduled iSiloX conversions" - how is this done? I can't find anything in iSiloX that allows me to schedule conversions.

[edit] Are the people who are scheduling iSiloX document refreshes/re-creations using the command line version with Windows sheduler (or similar)?

Last edited by kennethmgreen; 06-03-2003 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:09 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Kenneth,

have a look at the latest iSilo Beta which features scheduling.

Also, look here:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=620
http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=443

Greets!
Old 06-03-2003, 03:01 PM   #8
kennethmgreen
Enthusiast
kennethmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Treo680
Thank you for those links.

That's fantastic! How are people's reaction to the new beta?

After the official release of 3.35, what will the command-line option of iSiloX offer that isn't covered in the GUI app?