Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
No, but I can read and have read about consumer rights. And in Sweden we have people working professionally (paid by the state) with this and they write articles in newspapers telling people exactly what holds and how you can be cheated so it is easy to be well informed about this. If you have not read about how consumer rights work in EU you should not spread you guesses.
I though warranty was 2 year not 3. Was changed or I miss something ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I though warranty was 2 year not 3. Was changed or I miss something ?
Warranty is not mandatory so it can be any length the company choose to offer. EU protection (which is not the same as warranty) is 3 years with different rules for exactly how it works for the first six months.

If a warranty is offered there is also laws about how it must work.

And if something is covered you as a consumer should not have to pay postage costs and that Bookeen does not respect. How it usually work for companies that handle this correct is that you get sent packing material and pre-paid postage to send in the device.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #18
MacZap
MacZap began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, Palm T|X, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrikow View Post
Hello all,

I'm despair. My Cybook shows since two days only stripes. The rest of it seem to work properly. Please take a look on the picture! It still happened without any reason. Still tried the reset button and the on off button couple of times, . The screen just stays and doesn't refresh. Sometimes the stripes change position (until startup, or pressing buttons). PLEASE HELP!
The screen doesn't seems broken. A broken display shows usually diagonal or web style lines.
I guess is a mainboard problem (60%) or a display's electronics problem (40%)
In both cases Bookeen covers the warranty.
MacZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 AM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
You are wrong, such a problem are 99% of chance a display problem (broken substrate, or a defective gate array), but not the mainboard.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #20
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
there are no evidence of a broken screen.
The problem seems relate to the active matrix drivers or to the board electronics.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #21
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
You are wrong, such a problem are 99% of chance a display problem (broken substrate, or a defective gate array), but not the mainboard.
*lool*
No offense Godzil, but you just learned the other day in the other thread that MacZap sells and repairs broken e-ink screens. (sells good ones I mean - right? sell good ones - repair broken ones... )

Now can I as an outstander judge neither of your knowlege stands, nor decide who´s right about the actual defect this very display here has.
I just had to point out the irony of that reply.

Sorry again.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I think I know a lot more things than you and MacZap about eink screen... (in one of my jobs I had to deal with Eink screen and I saw a lot of broken screen, and enough to says that this is not a mainboard problem but some problem on the screen, broken substrate or defectives gate arrays

Last edited by Godzil; 09-25-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #23
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
I never said I would know anything about it.
As I stated, I did not know of your state of knowledge, which is the reason this did seem funny to me.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Let's try to keep it polite in here....

thanks
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #25
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Hi all...

"broken... or not broken... this is the question!" :-D

Well, in my country I repair Bebook and Cybook for the local importer, and I have some experiences in broken display (would you like to see my collection of broken displays?)

In this case the glass substrate SEEMS not broken. But, because the glass extends over the visible screen, I need to open it to see the whole backplane before say more.

If Chrikow wants a free check (except the shipping costs) can send his (her?) Cybook to our lab. Anyway, the standard cost to replace the display is 120 euros.

Otherwise, can consider to donate it to the Museum... :-)
Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 AM   #26
Godzil

You work for simplicissimus ?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #27
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
You work for simplicissimus ?
Also
And you for Bookeen?

はい、できました

Last edited by eBookLuke; 10-09-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #28
Chrikow
Chrikow began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hey guy,

my vender will change my faulty device versus a new one (for free cause of warranty). I'm still waiting for the delivery .

thanks to all for support.
Chrikow is offline   Reply With Quote