Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 11-08-2002, 05:48 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
...for the next update:

How about Time Magazine and Newsweek magazine?
Old 11-09-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Interesting webpages, but I am afraid neither has a pda-friendly version. What can be done, though, is strip the main page through a perl script and link the articles to the printer-friendly versions (similar to the salon.com script mentioned somewhere else here).

Or, we could use Sitescooper to strip the "unfriendly" html code. Maybe someone should start to write an article on how to use Sitescooper  
Advert
Old 11-13-2002, 09:26 AM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Lightbulb

The reason I mentioned them is because they're both available for Mobipocket...

I assume there's some way to do it, or maybe we should just but their tech people to offer them  
Old 11-13-2002, 10:50 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, I went to Mobipocket to see. Mobipocket has the ability to run its own scripts to browse news pages. If you take a look at the two files that you download when you click on Time Magazine and Newsweek, you will see how the script looks like.

In other words, it is not Time Magazine or Newsweek who offer mobile content, but it is the script Mobipocket uses that extracts the content in a way to make it mobile-friendly.

While iSiloX doesn't offer a scripting feature like that (yet), we could achieve the same using Sitescooper. Soon I have the time to dwelve more into that and give you the neccessary feedback. With Sitescooper it should essentially be possible to make ANY web page mobile-friendly.

Sorry you have to hear about the "soon" again - please blame it on this silly test on Friday  
Old 12-06-2002, 10:40 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Check the new links section... just got Time Magazine Europe and Time Magazine Asia. Europe edition has lots of content of the National/US version.
Advert
Old 12-06-2002, 12:20 PM   #6
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I know how you feel, Alex. I just turned in a paper in German yesterday, have an essay rewrite due Tuesday, and finals next week.
Scott
Old 12-06-2002, 06:37 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Heh I remember those sleepless days before the finals... was usually a marathon of not sleeping more than 3-4 hours / night for an entire week.

Have fun, Scott! And good luck!

Btw, earlier I said that the Time Europe contains some US news as well. I was wrong. It is entire European based (go figure). Lets hope for a US version soon...
Old 12-08-2002, 02:18 PM   #8
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I'll do what I can.  At least at the end of next week, it will be over  
Scott