Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 09-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Post The final days of autodesk...

... on the palm of your hand.

Check the attached file or here
Old 09-26-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

The attachment...

... I'm not sure I attached the .ixl file.
Attached Files
File Type: ixl the final days of autodesk.ixl (3.3 KB, 333 views)
Old 09-26-2003, 02:04 PM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Yay! I was the first one to download it. But...

...what is it?

I currently have iSiloX crunching through my daily conversions, so I cannot open it and convert and HotSync.

I just couldn't resist being the first. I've de-flowered it.
POL9A
Old 09-26-2003, 05:26 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
OK.

So, I've opened it and converted it and looked into it.
And still,...what is it? Some sci-fi book? About money? Or more along the linees on Scientology and how we should convert to this "religion?"

Skeptical,
POL9A
Old 09-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado

He he he.
Autodesk was a big software company that disappeared because it couldn't evolve with the rest of the SW companies. The guy who wrote "the final days..." (which is really a memo named "information letter 14") forsaw that the company had to change its management strategies or it was going to die. Nobody paid attention (except Bill Gates, who runs a somewhat more successful company), so it died. "The final days... ", provides a very good insight into the SW industry.
I think it is much more interesting than that, but I guess one has to read it.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:20 AM   #6
Agrajag
Connoisseur
Agrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it is

Device: Nook Simple Touch
That's all interesting except for one thing, Autodesk is not gone at all. It's doing quite well and has never disappeared. It has been the leader in CAD software since nearly its inception.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
That is the guy who owns Autodesk who wrote that. He was talking about what would happen. As Agrajag said Autodesk didn't disappear, they are the makers of AutoCAD, the #1 Computer Aided Drafting program in the world. I am actually on the Hackers Diet. I have the diet downloaded with plucker on my Clie. I've lost 10 pounds in two months by just eating less (not a lot less, just a little).
Old 10-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally posted by johnsoax
I am actually on the Hackers Diet. I have the diet downloaded with plucker on my Clie. I've lost 10 pounds in two months by just eating less (not a lot less, just a little).
The Hackers Diet? Never heard of that Does that mean you become a hacker who hacks day and night without break and without any meals in between?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
Quote:
The Hackers Diet? Never heard of that Does that mean you become a hacker who hacks day and night without break and without any meals in between?
It's approching dieting like an engineer (which I am). You look at being overweight as an engineering problem and then you solve it. I started keeping track of the amount of calories that I was taking in per day and I was averaging about 2600-2800 (I was drinking about 3 20 oz cokes a day ) . I'm only supposed to eat about 2000. I've cut back to about 1500 a day and am loosing weight at around 1-1.5 pounds a week. And I really don't feel like I am starving myself. And I feel great. My wife has lost 13 pounds in the same time frame (but she skips meals).