Notices

Old 07-31-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
Kurz
Enthusiast
Kurz began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Platinum
Unhappy Salon.com broken?

I was unable to get the omnisky link to salon.com to
sync with iSiloX -- anyone else having this problem?

K
Old 08-01-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Have a look here: http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=5&threadid=71

Greets
Old 08-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
Kurz
Enthusiast

Thanks for the ref -- already read that, used the redirected link and while I was able to get the main page w article summaries, I wasn't able to get the summarized articles, per se. I was using a link depth of 2. So...that's annoying and a bit paranoid of Salon.com, IMO -- they can't just embed the adverts, but must absolutely bombard you with them the first moment you hit their site. I don't object to their website being supported by advertising revenue, but the manner in which they pursue this strikes me as less than congenial.

C'est la vie. Plenty of more websites out there that will work with what we've got.

K
Old 08-08-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
Kurz
Enthusiast

Ah. Got it (Salon.com at Omnisky) -- adjusted iSiloX to NOT send
a user agent string (previously, I was using an AvantGo string, one of the strings you'd cited earlier). Seems to work now.

K
Old 08-09-2003, 04:48 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yup, I forgot, Salon.com Omnisky is one of the sites that doesn't like the Avantgo string. That's why one of the iSiloX features on my wish list is a per-channel user-agent setting.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #6
Kurz
Enthusiast

In retrospect, I would have to agree with a per channel agent string setting. If the purpose of X is to get the data, then +/-
agent string is fundamentally important.

K
Old 09-03-2003, 08:03 PM   #7
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
Thanks, I had actually resorted to signing up for Salon Premium and doing the daily download. I actually don't mind paying for Salon though.