Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 05-03-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Mobilisoft rss/rdf Reader

Mobilisoft rss/rdf reader converts rss and rdf feeds to html format.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:05 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Also http://mobilerss.net/ works nicely.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
The output of these two pales in comparison to the one I've written. Frankly its downright ugly. Usability and good-looking output are important to the user-experience.

You can see some screenshots below of what it looks like when this same content is rendered and converted to Plucker format (as well as a screenshot of the original upstream HTML rendition) using the 12pt and 10pt anti-aliased fonts I created for Plucker users.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.png
Views:	354
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	647   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.png
Views:	419
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	648   Click image for larger version

Name:	ss3.png
Views:	349
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	649   Click image for larger version

Name:	pss_0183_full.png
Views:	462
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	650  
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
flashman
flashman began at the beginning.

Device: T3
Any idea when the Plucker Syndication Server will be released? It looks very tasty indeed.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Hey Guys !

Doctorow, thanks for the link !

I have one question : for reasons I won't explain today (hotsync problems on my Clié TH55) I havent been using iSilo lately, but I read through AvantGo (via Wifi sync).

It works fine (even better than iSilo+hotsync) and I've added "personnal channels" such as Slate or french daily Libération.

Lately I'm sure you've heard of the Huffington Post, which offers a full articles RSS feed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raw_feed_index.rdf

Surely enough iSilo would have taken care of it, but AvantGo doesn't.

Thanks to http://rssreader.mobilisoft.com/ it translates to AvantGo compatiliy.

But unfortunately it works only once "per session" : is there a way to make it permanent ?

Or to put it in other words, do you have a html link to full articles of the Huffington Post ?

Thanks !!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:12 AM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Arnaud,

I am not sure what you mean by "per session"; but perhaps this link works better for you:

http://www.mobilerss.net/magpie.php?...0000&hb=000000

Doc
Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Arnaud,

I am not sure what you mean by "per session"; but perhaps this link works better for you:
well.. what I meant was it only worked for me once, and I thought I had to create the link everytime I was interested...

indeed it works fine

but in the meantime, I've tried http://mobilerss.net/ which works great

Thanks again !