Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Settlement Credit

My settlement credit has me flummoxed. The good news is that a lot of books on my wishlist qualify as a freebie with the credit. The unfortunate aspect is that at this point I'd rather use up my bought credits (so I can quit) and let my settlement credit ride for now. However, I don't see a way to do this. Books that qualify for the settlement credit have a button saying "Get this book for free" or something along those lines; is there an option to use a real credit instead? I hesitate to click on the button in case I do something that can't be undone.

Similarly, there are some cheap books that qualify for the credit but where it would be an insane use of the settlement credit instead of just paying cash. Again, is buying an option?

Had I but known, I would have waited on claiming my settlement credit until I was ready to use it. Really, Audible does a terrible job with its promotions!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Once you clicked on that, you have to use it. There was no way to 'undo'. I think you would lose it like credits if you cancelled your account without using. I had 3 settlement credits, and it was the same with the other two - once selected, you had to use it. However, by then I had already decided to get the rest of the trilogy (Peter F Hamilton) that my first credit purchased.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I had one credit and it kept getting in the way of claiming free books from other offers which were also in the settlement library. Unfortunately for me, any of the books I really wanted weren't part of the settlement, so I looked around, saw something I liked, and spent it. Now it's no longer in the way.

Audible is handling the settlement credits very poorly. You should be allowed to spend them when you want to and not have them forced on you with your first purchases.

Bad form Audible.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Once you clicked on that, you have to use it. There was no way to 'undo'. I think you would lose it like credits if you cancelled your account without using. I had 3 settlement credits, and it was the same with the other two - once selected, you had to use it. However, by then I had already decided to get the rest of the trilogy (Peter F Hamilton) that my first credit purchased.
Actually, you don't need a paid membership to use the credits. I wasn't a paid member when I received the credit, nor a paid member when I spent it.

Quote:
Do I need to be a member to redeem my free audiobook(s)?

No. If you are eligible to participate, you should have received an email from us. You need to click on the link(s) listed in the email you received in order to claim your redemption(s).
Quote:
How long do I have to redeem my free audiobook(s)?

You will have one year from when you received your promotion code to make your redemption(s).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Actually, you don't need a paid membership to use the credits. I wasn't a paid member when I received the credit, nor a paid member when I spent it.
I know that. I mean once you have selected it, as in the case of Izzy, and then want to cancel account before using said credit.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert