Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #691
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Umm - not so much this month.

None of them jump out at me. I haven't had my coffee this morning, maybe I'll look at them again later.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #692
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I got a second email from Amazon a week or so ago, reminding me about the Kindle First books; I thought I had picked one, but it turned out I had not! (This thread is always updated before I get my email about them.) It's nice that they reminded me, especially since it usually takes a couple of days for me to get the first email. I went with White Rose Black Forest.

This month I chose Digging In.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #693
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
This month's Amazon First Reads selections are out
Thanks for this, as I hadn't seen the Amazon email. I'm a fan of Lee Goldberg's work, so was very pleased to see his novel included this month.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #694
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Thanks Manabi !

I'm going with " Hell's Princess " I'll also try it with the Kindle in motion feature.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #695
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
This month's Amazon First Reads selections are out, they are:
Thanks for posting

True Fiction for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #696
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
There's a true crime book! I love true crime. The early reviews don't look great though. I might give it a while before I make my choice but that's the likely one.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #697
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I too went with Hell's Princess
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #698
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
There's a true crime book! I love true crime. The early reviews don't look great though. I might give it a while before I make my choice but that's the likely one.
I was slightly tempted by it, but I don't care for the author. FYI, another Belle Gunness book is The Truth About Belle Gunness, by Lillian de la Torre. It's an Open Road title, so discountable at Kobo, plus it's in both Overdrive and Freading. It's on my wish list but I haven't read it yet.

I'm most likely going to go with Trespassing, but without much enthusiasm, as it doesn't sound very original.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #699
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I was slightly tempted by it, but I don't care for the author. FYI, another Belle Gunness book is The Truth About Belle Gunness, by Lillian de la Torre. It's an Open Road title, so discountable at Kobo, plus it's in both Overdrive and Freading. It's on my wish list but I haven't read it yet.

I'm most likely going to go with Trespassing, but without much enthusiasm, as it doesn't sound very original.
Ooooh that's even on Scribd! Thanks!
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #700
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
A Glimmer of Hope for me. I just ignore the bad reviews that bash the writing style and form my own opinion.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #701
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for posting

True Fiction for me.
That's the one I decided to go with too. I was tempted by Hell's Princess, but decided to wait and get the other book about her that Catlady suggested. I'm not really keen on the Kindle in Motion books, since I can't archive a copy of the full thing via Kindle for PC and Calibre.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #702
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
That's the one I decided to go with too. I was tempted by Hell's Princess, but decided to wait and get the other book about her that Catlady suggested. I'm not really keen on the Kindle in Motion books, since I can't archive a copy of the full thing via Kindle for PC and Calibre.
I agree that book Catlady suggested looks good too ! I'll add it to my wishlist.

I'm about at 50% read on Hell's Princess, and I'm enjoying it so far. I do find the Kindle in Motion feature a little distracting. When some artwork pops up while I have just read a description of what's happening in the room, then an almost comical cartoon is seen. What I do like is the slide show of original photos taken at the farm, all on the same page on the bottom. This book is far less gory than it could have been given the subject matter. I like just reading about the real people who knew either Belle or her many victims. I'm also astonished at how easy it was for Belle. This does remind me of the Devil in the White City, by Larsen.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #703
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
A Glimmer of Hope for me. I just ignore the bad reviews that bash the writing style and form my own opinion.
About 75% through and it feels like I already read this book before (not literally). Started off a little slow, but picked up on action and complexity. I was under the impression it is a start of a new independent series, but that is not the case. Though it is not necessary to have read the other story line in the same universe.

Small criticism: Not really a lot of original ideas, and repetitions even inside the book itself. Very slight spoiler
Spoiler:
I am on the second kidnapping already for the same purpose -- if you don't succeed at first try again ....

After I got hooked, the mystery is not what is going to happen (appears to be fairly obvious), but how. Have to give the book credit though as it made me stop reading my other book and I am not putting this one down until it is done ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #704
newkindlefun
Connoisseur
newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.newkindlefun is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen (2015)
True Fiction for me. I began reading it today and enjiying it so far
newkindlefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #705
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
I'm trying to decide between True Fiction and Digging In.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote