Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
FavSport:Reading
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
How to move side loaded books from nook to Calibre

I have several books that I side loaded onto my nook. I would like to move them into the Calibre library but don’t know how to manage that. They are not on my computer either. Not sure how to do that (plugging it in and finding them in some file????) I’m not the most techie person in the world. Lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
FavSport:Reading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Try this with Calibre running:
Connect device and see if Calibre discovers it.
If Yes, Then wait while calire searches for a Library, can take quite a bit of time the first time. switch to Device view (the icon only appears if there is a device:NOT the reader with Arrow up icon)
Select (usually) All, Right click: Add to library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by FavSport:Reading View Post
I have several books that I side loaded onto my nook. I would like to move them into the Calibre library but don’t know how to manage that. They are not on my computer either. Not sure how to do that (plugging it in and finding them in some file????) I’m not the most techie person in the world. Lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • Start calibre
  • Plug in nook using usb cable
  • Wait for calibre to check the nook
  • Click on the icon labelled Device
  • **calibre will show a list of books sideloaded to the nook and mark the one that are already in calibre.
  • right click on a book not list as "in library" chose "add books to library"

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-03-05 19-32-00.png
Views:	143
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	162661  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Thank you

Thanks so much. I’m all set now.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
Enthusiast

Thanks so much. I’m all set now.