Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
keyboard shortcut request

I would like to offer a recommendation for the new calibre viewer. The current setup for keyboard shortcuts does not show a full screen of all shortcuts. It is also necessary to drill-down into submenus for Styles, Preferences, and Page Layout, nor do all of them even have shortcuts. I would enjoy a single screen layout for all of them in alphabetical order with each shortcut on display on the one-and-only page. I realize this is a personal preference and, perhaps, not desirable by everyone. I am not a programmer and do not know how difficult (or impossible) this would be. The screenshot attached shows one possibility.

P.S. I was voted "Most Likely To Crash Anything" by the Nobel Prize committee and I have found no flaws in the new viewer. It is beautiful, snappy, brilliant, and I plan to use it exclusively.

Best Regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-10-17 10-17-05.png
Views:	106
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	174295  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way they will all fit in one page. Not to mention that some actions have multiple shortcuts, but sure, adding an easy reference for them might be useful.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
keyboard shortcuts all-on-one-pg alphabetically

I think they all fit (unless I missed one). They are A-Z. Here are 2 screenshots, of the actual new reader itself, one full screen, the other with 2 side panels. They even fit when TOC and Lookup side panels are showing. Each shows room for 2 shortcuts. Some kind of mouse click to add new shortcut.
Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-10-17 13-30-15.png
Views:	151
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	174297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-10-17 13-30-37.png
Views:	169
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	174298  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwse@aol.com View Post
I think they all fit (unless I missed one). They are A-Z. Here are 2 screenshots, of the actual new reader itself, one full screen, the other with 2 side panels. They even fit when TOC and Lookup side panels are showing. Each shows room for 2 shortcuts. Some kind of mouse click to add new shortcut.
Best regards, Pop
The people most likely to use keyboard shortcut customisation are people like me, who for reasons of disability (in my case combat injuries) avoid the use of the mouse. I find it an anachronism that I have to resort to using the wretched thing to customise the viewers keyboard shortcuts, but I up put with it.

For me the best keyboard shortcut customisation feature around here is Sigil's (a linear list I can sort on name, shortcut or description, and a find filter); second best is calibre's library manager, augmented by Job Spy's kb short csv; the new viewer I would rank a distant third. The suggested scheme looks even worse to me, I'd probably resort to editing the settings by hand in viewer-webengine.json.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote