Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #211
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
This (scanning trash) should be fixed in the new 4.17.13694
It’s weird as I don’t think this firmware scanned the.spotlight folders created by OS Xs indexing feature. I may be wrong though. Anyone care to test it before moving to the next firmware? That way if it is an issue still we’ll know if it’s new or if it’s related to this change
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #212
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It probably did, as they specifically added those (".Spotlight-V100") to the default blacklist .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #213
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just a reminder 4.17.13651 is no longer being distributed. The new latest and greatest is 4.17.13694 (at least, as of this date).
So long, 4.17.13651. We hardly knew you.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #214
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
The problem with the device forgetting place and bookmarks in an epub is definitely only happening in certain files. I tried opening multiple epubs, alternating with kepub, etc.

I apologize for being vague,, variations of these problem have been plaguing the Kobo since about version 4.12, and I did not feel like repeating *again* the exact conditions to trigger it... but I kind of thought anyone here who cared would be well versed with it. In any case, looks like it's finally all fixed up.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:38 AM   #215
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Generally how long after release is the update available OTA? I still haven't seen it and I'm not comfortable tinkering with any config files.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:33 AM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Generally how long after release is the update available OTA? I still haven't seen it and I'm not comfortable tinkering with any config files.
It depends. Kobo roll the firmware out to particular affiliates. After a few days, if there are no problems, they roll it out to more. And then more. The also do some timing based on country. In the past, it could be a month before everyone got the firmware. Now, it is usually quicker. But, in this case, Kobo have stopped rolling out firmware 4.17.13651 and started again with 4.17.13654.

If you want it now, you can change the affiliate. Or, download the update and install it manually.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:26 AM   #217
Rickpcmp3
Rickpcmp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Goo HD
I have a Forma w/ KSM9 and the Koreader, and the Nickel menu option. Ever since I updated the software I go into boot loop when I try to exit the KSM and go into Nickel.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this or downgrade to the previous firmware?
Rickpcmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 AM   #218
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpcmp3 View Post
I have a Forma w/ KSM9 and the Koreader, and the Nickel menu option. Ever since I updated the software I go into boot loop when I try to exit the KSM and go into Nickel.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this or downgrade to the previous firmware?
From memory, there are instructions on what to do to update firmware when using KSM. They are in the KSM thread, so I would suggest looking there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:32 AM   #219
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Hi!
I think the update rolled in for my Kobo glo. It's restarting endlessly, the top green light flashing and dots appearing on screen, as it does on startup. More than an hour already. It simply updated although I had updates turned off. Any ideas? Thanks!
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote