Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #1921
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
The Southern Comfort Food Diabetes Cookbook: Over 100 - 99 cents
https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Comf...dp/B07XB7SX4M/

Fannie Farmer 1896 Cook Book - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LR7TNUW

hardback - $5.95
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/fannie-...hool-hardbound
In case anyone else decides to try this, no you can't find this book free at the Internet Archive, despite the apparent age of the book. I tried that. There are about 8 or 9 miscellaneous Fannie Farmer ebooks, but apparently the publishers have been able to be copyright the books due to something mostly, at least, superfluous added to the content (like new typesetting, new illustrations, etc.). _They are available to us to borrow, however_, and we should be thankful for the magnimanity of the copyright holder in doing that! One of these days, someone will find an original copy at, say, an antique store or an estate sale, scan it, and make it available on the Internet Archive. (Remember: the Internet Archive is still _young_!)

Based upon the number of her cookbooks, Fannie Farmer must have been the Rachel Ray. Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, _et al._ of her day.

One thing that might be a problem using recipes from old cookbooks is that they're old! There was an extensive discussion about this on some thread in this subforum, about three years ago. Names of ingredients have changed, some ingredients are no longer available, names of measurements have changed, and there are other issues. Some of the copyrighted copies may have "fixed" these issues, though!

Thanks, GA, for your great post, upon which I have been able to piggyback!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-19-2019 at 06:00 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #1922
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
In case anyone else decides to try this, no you can't find this book free at the Internet Archive, despite the apparent age of the book. I tried that.
Here's the link at the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/bostonco...llgoog/page/n6
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #1923
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks issy and Gtrs!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:15 AM   #1924
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Here's the link at the Internet Archive:

https://archive.org/details/bostonco...llgoog/page/n6
This is one time that I'm glad to be corrected.

Now I'm going to go back to the Internet Archive and try to determine how I missed this tome!
Old 09-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #1925
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
This is one time that I'm glad to be corrected.

Now I'm going to go back to the Internet Archive and try to determine how I missed this tome!
In my experience, finding something on Internet Archive can be quite challenging. And even when something is found, it is quite possible that a better quality version is there somewhere, but not yet found.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:11 AM   #1926
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
In my experience, finding something on Internet Archive can be quite challenging. And even when something is found, it is quite possible that a better quality version is there somewhere, but not yet found.
Yeah, their search engine, tags, or something needs a little bit of tweaking. Truth to tell, I forgot about that fact and just _assumed_ that the book would show up following a search of just "Fannie Farmer." This serves to remind me to look around some more before giving up. The Internet Archive probably needs far more funding, and far more qualified and competent people, in order to fix such problems like that, than it has.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #1927
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keto Bread - free
https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Bread-Co...dp/B07XY6RD4Z/

South Beach Diet - free
https://www.amazon.com/South-Beach-D...dp/B07DLF4LMP/

Quick & Easy Metabolism Miracle Diet - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X3KZJC4
Old 09-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #1928
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The Great Anti-Inflammatory Diet Cookbook: 80 - free
https://www.amazon.com/Great-Anti-In...dp/B07XMKZS3W/

Keto Diet for Beginners 2019 - free
https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Diet-Beg...dp/B07XBG9L7S/

Keto Bread - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PMY6Z3X

(different from yesterday's)

The Ultimate Homemade Dog Treat Cookbook - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8GDXGF

The Baker Chocolate Company: A Sweet History - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XQK6VUO
Old 09-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #1929
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Rivera Tasty Salads - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WN52R7S
Old 09-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #1930
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Keto Protein Bars - free
https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Protein-...dp/B07XQ7JD4Z/
Old 09-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #1931
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Thanks for another non-run-of-the-mill (it seems that I learned, a long time ago, that if you can't think of a word to describe what you want to say, you can always create a legitimate word by putting together two or more words with (a) hyphen(s) between them. ha).

The Baker Chocolate Company: A Sweet History - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XQK6VUO
As far as I know, Baker chocolate would not appeal to most people. My mother let me try a piece to eat (or maybe I sneaked a piece ) one time, and I didn't enjoy it--I think that too much dark chocolate in it was the problem). But, boy, Mother made some wonderful cakes, and pies, and cookies, etc.with it!
Old 09-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #1932
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Gtrs, I did not say what you have me saying. Please correct your post #1931.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #1933
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The Complete 5-Ingredient Diabetic Cookbook - free
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SX3C5HR
Old 09-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #1934
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Gtrs, I did not say what you have me saying. Please correct your post #1931.
I'll be glad to, my friend. But I don't know what you are referring to! Please enlighten me!
Old 09-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #1935
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
I'll be glad to, my friend. But I don't know what you are referring to! Please enlighten me!
I did not say...

Thanks for another non-run-of-the-mill (it seems that I learned, a long time ago, that if you can't think of a word to describe what you want to say, you can always create a legitimate word by putting together two or more words with (a) hyphen(s) between them. ha).