Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-28-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Database without books?

Is it possible to sync just the Calibre database to CC but not the actual books? The reason I ask is that I have my Calibre library on my Kindle, but it would be useful to be able to search my library using CC on my iPhone. I don't need to have the actual books on my phone, just my library database to allow me to do searches.

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Not exactly what you're asking about but I do something similar.

I do a skeleton copy of the library folder including cover.jpg files and use the connect to local library feature. This is not an option with iOS so on there, I use Dropbox.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is it possible to sync just the Calibre database to CC but not the actual books? The reason I ask is that I have my Calibre library on my Kindle, but it would be useful to be able to search my library using CC on my iPhone. I don't need to have the actual books on my phone, just my library database to allow me to do searches.

Thanks!
The precise answer is no, you can't put a book in CC without adding a format. However, if you create an empty format for the book, for example in TXT format, you can send that empty format to CC thus getting most of what you want. See our FAQ http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.php?solution_id=1087. In your case you would tell CC on your iPhone to choose TXT over anything else.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote