Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #31
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Yes, but they’ve called it a lexicon, it’s not a straightforward dictionary, but its useful to help decipher quotes. There is a student Latin to English dictionary by Thomas McCarthy too, not sure what that is like. Here's the link to the lexicon I downloaded: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...w_myk_ro_title
Okay. Thanks. I'll probably try this out. It sounds like it might be something like the Latin dictionary/lexicon I found for the Tolino. (In its case they call it a "dictionary" but it sounds like it works like this lexicon — maybe it has the same source.)

Quote:
I would love for amazon to add Latin to their translation languages on the kindle...
I would also. Quite a few of the books I read (older ones) have Latin quotes.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #32
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
I’m amazed reading with the inverted text saves battery life, for some reason I thought it would be the opposite (probably because the blurb said it uses a special type of hardware to achieve this, I assumed this meant it would be more battery intensive). I only use this very occasionally when I’m reading in the dark (mostly I use a light level of 1 with large font and bold in the dark).

Likewise, I’ve also changed from a grey to gold. I love gold devices, so I had to, really. Battery life with the grey was terrible, gold was terrible initially, then it became much better for a time with one particular firmware, now it’s back to being terrible again. I still love reading on it, though, so it can stay for now.
That is what I did. I sold the gray on ebay and bought the gold
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #33
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Hi

- I was in the same situation. maybe, that "Inkpad 3 - Inkpad 740 " would be an alternative.

- Look for yourself : https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...tbook-inkpad-3

Screen : "7.8"
RAM : 1Gb
CPU : Dual-Core
And very good baterie and AUDIO ! support, audio ebook + mp3 and TTS (text to speech).

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-26-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #34
bozza111
Connoisseur
bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KOA2
Somebody should tell amazon that he kindle oasis 2 has some sort of battery firmware issue.

What is the best firmware for long battery time?
bozza111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #35
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How to delete ?

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-26-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Advert
Old 09-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #36
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
I already changed from a grey to a gold. The gold seemed better for a while, but it’s not lasting long at the moment. I’m hoping the next firmware update will improve things... I’m ok to live with it for now.
I hope it does. They must know about the Oasis 2 battery problems.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #37
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozza111 View Post
Somebody should tell amazon that he kindle oasis 2 has some sort of battery firmware issue.

What is the best firmware for long battery time?

- None, problem is not the firmware, problem with Oasis 2 is battery.
  • Kobo H2O 2edititon = 1500 mAh
  • Kinlde Oasis 1 = 1 290 mAh
  • Kindle Osais 2 = 1 000 mAh

With 1000mAh do not lay miracles

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 09-26-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #38
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
- None, problem is not the firmware, problem with Oasis 2 is battery.
  • Kobo H2O 2edititon = 1500 mAh
  • Kinlde Oasis 1 = 1 290 mAh
  • Kindle Osais 2 = 1 000 mAh

With 1000mAh do not lay miracles
Lol ! True.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote