Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
My .epub books contain a publisher default font. When reading in kobo (Glo HD, Aura One), the weight of this font changes in the Advanced menu. After using kepubify, in .kepub no matter how I changed the font weight in the menu - it remains the original. What could be the problem?
I think this is due to CSS in your book and differences between the two renderers. Kepubify doesn't do anything which changes font-related CSS by default.

Try patching your firmware. There's a patch to force the font settings. You can also edit the CSS in your book.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #32
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I think this is due to CSS in your book and differences between the two renderers. Kepubify doesn't do anything which changes font-related CSS by default.

Try patching your firmware. There's a patch to force the font settings. You can also edit the CSS in your book.
Seems a problem with .kepub.
Thanks for the program.
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinus View Post
Seems a problem with .kepub.
Thanks for the program.
OK, no problem.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #34
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Just dropping a word of thanks for kepubify and BookBrowser, both seem to be working just fine on one of my arm-based SBCs.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #35
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
Just dropping a word of thanks for kepubify and BookBrowser, both seem to be working just fine on one of my arm-based SBCs.
You're welcome!

P.S. I'm thinking of doing a redesign of BookBrowser, but am not completely sure about how I want it to look. Do you think it would look better if I removed the shadows from book items and made them closer together? Also, do you think a homepage with more functionality (random author, random series, recently added) would be useful?
Advert
Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #36
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You're welcome!

P.S. I'm thinking of doing a redesign of BookBrowser, but am not completely sure about how I want it to look. Do you think it would look better if I removed the shadows from book items and made them closer together? Also, do you think a homepage with more functionality (random author, random series, recently added) would be useful?
Haven't played around with it enough to have an opinion yet on aesthetics. However, it doesn't seem to differentiate between XXX.epub and XXX.kepub.epub. Two copies show up, and both allow download as XXX.epub (though one of them is the kepub). Might be nice to have it recognize two versions of the same book and allow for downloading of the epub or kepub.epub version.

But like I said, I have not played with it much yet, nor delved into the code.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #37
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
Haven't played around with it enough to have an opinion yet on aesthetics. However, it doesn't seem to differentiate between XXX.epub and XXX.kepub.epub. Two copies show up, and both allow download as XXX.epub (though one of them is the kepub). Might be nice to have it recognize two versions of the same book and allow for downloading of the epub or kepub.epub version.

But like I said, I have not played with it much yet, nor delved into the code.
I'll work on that. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-23-2018, 12:54 PM   #38
geek1011
Wizard

I have released kepubify v2.2.0:

Kepubify v2.2.0 mainly makes improvements to seriesmeta:
  • seriesmeta now supports Windows!
  • seriesmeta will now automatically detect your kobo
  • seriesmeta now shows a summary of updated metadata at the end

You can download v2.2.0 here
Old 06-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #39
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks a lot for Kepubify!

Have been looking for something like this for a long time. I really don't (like to) use Calibre much, and this is so much more convenient than reading regular epubs where footnotes don't work any good at all.

Kepubify works a charm!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #40
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Thanks a lot for Kepubify!

Have been looking for something like this for a long time. I really don't (like to) use Calibre much, and this is so much more convenient than reading regular epubs where footnotes don't work any good at all.

Kepubify works a charm!
You're welcome!
Old 06-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #41
ma678
Enthusiast
ma678 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I downloaded v2.2.0 32-bit yesterday and converted all my epub books that were previously renamed to kepub. Majority of them worked great except three books failed and crashed the app every time.

I just downloaded 64-bit and converted all three without problem.

Where can I find debug log? I would like to provide it if I can locate it in my system.

By the way, would you please explain a little bit more details how to fix full screen? So far I have not found any cut off. Just in case.

Thank you!
ma678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #42
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma678 View Post
I downloaded v2.2.0 32-bit yesterday and converted all my epub books that were previously renamed to kepub. Majority of them worked great except three books failed and crashed the app every time.

I just downloaded 64-bit and converted all three without problem.

Where can I find debug log? I would like to provide it if I can locate it in my system.

By the way, would you please explain a little bit more details how to fix full screen? So far I have not found any cut off. Just in case.

Thank you!
When you say it crashed, do you mean kepubify crashes, or do you mean the Kobo crashes? If it's the Kobo, I cannot do anything about it, but if it is kepubify, do the following:

1. Create a batch file like the one below with the following contents:
kepubify-windows-32bit.exe --verbose %* > kepubify.log

2. Use the batch file to convert, and send me kepubify.log

You can also just send me a PM with the book so I can test it out myself.

To fix full-screen, you can either convert from the command prompt and add the --fullscreen-reading-fixes option to the end of the command, or to use drag and drop, you can make a batch file with the following contents and use drag and drop normally:
kepubify-windows-32bit.exe --fullscreen-reading-fixes %*
Old 07-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #43
DARIBARO
DARIBARO began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for kepubify, it is currently the one I use to convert my epub files to kepub without the need to use Calibre.
Since my language is not English, I do not understand how the series of books works and how the series of books can be classified in my Kobo Aura One.

I also do not understand how to manage "seriemeta-windows.exe", I use windows 10 64 bits, and when I use kepubify I just drag my files or folder with apub over the kepubify icon that I have on my desktop, but I do not know how to proceed with "seriesmeta-windows.exe", in which place of my PC or of my Kobo I leave the file "seriesmeta-windows.exe" ?, I drag the files of the books?
DARIBARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #44
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARIBARO View Post
Thanks for kepubify, it is currently the one I use to convert my epub files to kepub without the need to use Calibre.
Since my language is not English, I do not understand how the series of books works and how the series of books can be classified in my Kobo Aura One.

I also do not understand how to manage "seriemeta-windows.exe", I use windows 10 64 bits, and when I use kepubify I just drag my files or folder with apub over the kepubify icon that I have on my desktop, but I do not know how to proceed with "seriesmeta-windows.exe", in which place of my PC or of my Kobo I leave the file "seriesmeta-windows.exe" ?, I drag the files of the books?
The Answer.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #45
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
The Answer.

Good luck.
That is actually a bit out of date. Just run seriesmeta.exe and everything else is automatic.

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify, kobo