Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #3916
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I found a copy of the message on another site:

Quote:
We noticed you’re subscribed to our Daily Deals and wanted to let you know that as of October 1, these deals are becoming a benefit just for members. This means you will need to sign up for membership after October 1 in order to access Daily Deals. Don’t worry, all books you’ve already purchased are yours to keep.
I wouldn't mind this if the Daily Deals were more to my taste; as it is, I never buy them. But if Audible started offering decent selections even occasionally, it would be a reason to stay a member. As it is, once my current promotional membership expires I'll be out again, until the next promotion that is available to me. I'll miss the Daily Deals not at all.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #3917
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 24 Sep @ 11:59 PM BST
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #3918
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 24 Sep @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 09-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #3919
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 24 Sep
Old 09-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #3920
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I wouldn't mind this if the Daily Deals were more to my taste; as it is, I never buy them. But if Audible started offering decent selections even occasionally, it would be a reason to stay a member. As it is, once my current promotional membership expires I'll be out again, until the next promotion that is available to me. I'll miss the Daily Deals not at all.
I don't think I've ever purchased a Daily Deal, so I won't miss it one bit.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #3921
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't think I've ever purchased a Daily Deal, so I won't miss it one bit.
Once or twice, but I'm not giving up my membership, so don't have anything to worry about.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #3922
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I wonder if the next shoe to drop at Audible will be Whispersync pricing becoming a members-only perk.

My yearly membership runs through March, at which time I'll probably take a breather till there's a good promo offer.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #3923
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I wonder if the next shoe to drop at Audible will be Whispersync pricing becoming a members-only perk.

My yearly membership runs through March, at which time I'll probably take a breather till there's a good promo offer.
I'm in pretty much the same boat. If they drop whispersync pricing for non-members I'll have absolutely no reason to look at Audible when my yearly expires.

I don't know why I bother looking at daily deals. I haven't bought more than two or three in the last two years. I guess hope springs eternal.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:19 PM   #3924
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
The consensus, regarding the Daily Deal change, seems to be "It's no big deal--I rarely buy any of them anyway" I actually have bought quite a few Daily Deal audiobooks, myself. Say, about one per month. And I seriously consider buying others. Different strokes for different folks.

So, that's why I got frosted when I read the letter. What will I do now? I dunno. Procrastination _on things like this_ tends to work out well for me.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-24-2018 at 06:23 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:32 AM   #3925
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I’ve probably bought at least 40 daily deals, although I usually don’t even look at them if they’re above $2.95.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #3926
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 25 Sep @ 11:59 PM BST
Old 09-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #3927
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 11 Aug @ 11:59 PM PT

* The Billionaire's Second-Chance Bride
Old 09-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #3928
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I’ve probably bought at least 40 daily deals, although I usually don’t even look at them if they’re above $2.95.
I've bought a handful, usually Lifetime-movie-type suspense books that aren't worth a credit but are fun nevertheless when I want something mindless.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #3929
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Penguin Random House -- Monthly Offer -- exp 27 Sep @ 11:59 AM ET
  • FREE -- Frankenstein -- Mary Shelley/ Jim Weiss --> 10.8 hrs --> horror
Quote:
Mark your calendars: our next free audiobook download starts Tuesday, September 25, at noon EST! But what book will it be?

Maybe you can guess: this iconic novel is celebrating its 200th birthday this year – and is still widely read to this day. (Fans anticipating Kiersten White’s latest novel may especially interested… stay tuned!)

Offer ends on Thursday, September 27th at 11:59 AM ET. Happy listening!
Quote:
Frankenstein (publisher's website)

Victor Frankenstein learns the secret of producing life, and so, by putting together parts of various corpses, he creates the Frankenstein monster. The monster is huge and disformed, but he means no harm to anyone--until constant ill treatment drives him to murder and revenge. This version of Mary Shelley's long-standing masterpiece easily captures the sadness and horror of the original.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-26-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #3930
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Penguin Random House -- Monthly Offer -- exp 27 Sep @ 11:59 AM ET
  • FREE -- Frankenstein -- Mary Shelley/ Jim Weiss --> 10.8 hrs --> horror

Nice, thanks! Good one to read in October.

The Downpour "steal" is:

John Woman By Walter Mosley
Read by Dion Graham
$3.95

"An Oprah’s Book Club Selection
A Booklist Pick of Best New Books of the Week"
“A smart sly novel of ideas…Defying genre, Mosley’s latest novel is much like his eponymous hero: speculative, brilliant and wildly original.” —National Book Review
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote