Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Again, seeking translator death date

Translators seem to be causing a lot of headache to some of us lately --- is it a phase of the moon or something?

I am wanting to do a collection of Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales, illustrated by *Arthur Rackham*. The particular special Rackham edition uses the text of the 1893 edition from Allen & Unwin, translation by Heinrich Oskar Sommer. He was primarily an Arthurian scholar, but did other writing and translations.

His birth date is given (dozens of hits) as 1861. But no death date.
I have tried all my known links, and gone even unto the 15th page of google hits, but no success.
I have not been able to find any works by him later than 1916, but that could be meaningless.

By any strange chance, if you know anything about this gentleman ... ???

Otherwise, I might have to use some other translation(s), I suppose.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 11-01-2017 at 05:22 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
The particular special Rackham edition uses the text of the 1893 edition from Allen & Unwin, translation by Heinrich Oskar Sommer.
According to this source, he died in 1929.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Wunderbar!!! I kind of thought there might be something out there on a German site, but google was too lazy to look.

Many thanks!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote