Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 02:19 PM   #34306
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Even more icy Perrier ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:40 PM   #34307
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Switching now to faux San Pellegrino. Every glass of this I drink, I'm chuffed that Nestle isn't getting a DIME, and neither is SodaStream, bar the initial device cost which is trivial.

Full Disclosure: Yes, I did have some initial set-up costs:
  • 2 -- 24oz food-grade 'paintball' tanks
  • 1 -- Machined brass adapter
All three of these as a package from SodaMod for ~$100USD

Ongoing usage costs:
  • Every 3-4 weeks, I have to refill one of the CO2 tanks at the local sporting goods store -- cost $9 CDN.
  • Once a year or so, I need another bag of Burton Water Salts to adjust my water salt composition to that of San Pellegrino. ~$9 USD with free Prime shipping
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #34308
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #34309
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First coffee of the day. That kind of day, I think.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #34310
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Second tea of the day.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #34311
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Ten Fu ginseng oolong
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:52 PM   #34312
CRussel
(he/him/his)

That sounds promising, Difflugia. I've been thinking of trying one of the ginseng Oolongs, but haven't ordered any yet.

Meanwhile, a tea day today, drinking Murchie's Balmoral Blend.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #34313
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That sounds promising, Difflugia. I've been thinking of trying one of the ginseng Oolongs, but haven't ordered any yet.
My favorite is Ten Ren's King's Tea series. The tea is high quality Taiwanese oolong and the ginseng is subtle. I usually buy the cheaper 103, but occasionally spring for a small can of the 403.

I'm pretty sure that the Ten Fu I'm drinking now is a mainland knockoff of the Ten Ren. The flavor is almost spot-on for the 103, but it's almost half the price. When they're side-by-side, the Ten Fu tastes less "fruity" and has a bit more ginseng, but I'd have a hard time identifying a single cup.

I've got a third one that is different; instead of being regular, rolled-up tea leaves, it looks like this. I bought it in an Asian store in one of the cardboard cans, but I don't remember the brand. It tastes like a strong green tea with a heavy dose of ginseng and licorice. I like it, but it's definitely not what I was expecting.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #34314
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Thanks. I'll give Ten Ren a try. Next time one of us is going to be down south.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #34315
cromag

Second tea of the day.

We're having some updating done to the bathrooms and some rooms painted. The contractors start their day much earlier than I usually do. I need to adjust my tea intake accordingly.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #34316
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

All Natural Tea
Old 07-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #34317
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Alwazah Ceylon FBOP
Old 07-31-2017, 11:06 AM   #34318
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Well, hate to go against all this lovely tea, but I'm going to have to start the day with coffee -- Peet's Major Dickason's Blend to be specific. Going to be a hot one today, and worse the rest of the week. But getting a coffee start with lots of faux San Pellegrino to follow should allow me to survive it.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #34319
cromag

Just finishing the first tea of the day. Tea #2 is on deck, but I may put it in the fridge and have it later this afternoon.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #34320
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker 10 yr tonight
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?