Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Exclamation Damaged casing

Hi..
Would you believe that. I lend my brand new less than 2wks old PRS600 to someone and they drop it on concrete

the top casing is bent where the pen goes, and the pen no longer fits.

Somehow the screen survived, everything seems to work but I can't do anything about the casing.
Does anyone here have a dead unit they are parting out?

i am also after a pen...
it seems that the touch screen is also part of the front panel but these rarely break.
thanks in advance.

-A
fwiw you can indeed see a gap between touch screen and e-ink, so adding an optical interface layer could work for fixing the glare problem.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
I hope you are able to find someone who can help you out It must feel terrible to have a near new reader damaged like that - especially by someone else!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
jamadams
Connoisseur
jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-505, 600 & Librié
Hope you kicked them in the nuts.
jamadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
conundrum
Enthusiast
conundrum began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
um... they don't have any. (was me gf).. LOL!

I did take some pictures of the guts when i had my unit open to see if there was any internal damage to the screen etc (there wasn't)

-A
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote