Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
triwy
triwy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hello!

Hello everyone!
I have just bought a new Cybbok and I am very happy about it.
I did not buy the deluxe version so I am going to buy soon a memory card...which size is better? Thanks! Triwi
triwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi triwy and welcome to MobileRead!

Congrats on your new reader!

I don't have a Cybook, so I can't help you on the memory card, but someone will come along who can, I'm sure.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi triwy and welcome !

you might want to wait a little while before you buy a memory card ; many people find the internal memory is big enough to hold quite a lot of books, and the more books you have on your cybook the more difficult it becomes to navigate through the library. so you might decide you don't need one after all.

but if you do want one, try doing a search through the cybook forum to see what other people are using, or post your question in there ; i'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello triwy, and welcome to MobileRead.

I assume that by "memory card" you're talking about an SD card. Over on Bookeen's web site, they say "The Cybook may not be able to read certain SD cards with more than 2 GBytes of memory size." One of the folks who actually have a Cybook may be able to offer more guidance. With SC cards so inexpensive, you might choose to get several smaller cards and load them with different types of books. And don't get all stirred up about needing SD cards. The internal memory of the Cybook Gen 3 comes with about 500 MB of storage free and that can hold from 500-1000 books, depending on the size of the books. For example, the Mobipocket version of Breaking Dawn, fourth book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers, is 828KB while the hardback version is 768 pages. The majority of books are much shorter and the eBook version will be smaller as well.

Now -- with that technical stuff out of the way -- I want to say again, Welcome to MobileRead. We're a friendly crowd and would like to get to know you better. Check out the "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" topic for some free books to load up your Cybook. And, of course, there are over 1000 free books readable on your Cybook hosted right here at MobileRead. Just use the "E-books" link in the blue bar at the top of the page and take a look at the books in Mobipocket format.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Triwi and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
triwy

Post Thanks!

Hello everyone!
Thanks for the warm welcoming. I will follow your advice and not buy a SD car by now...500 titles are quite a lot anyway.
I cannot wait to see how I will feel reading from an electronic book and I really hope it will be all right!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Be sure and let us know what you think. I've found reading an eBook to be very similar to a pBook.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Be sure and let us know what you think. I've found reading an eBook to be very similar to a pBook.
i find it better than reading a pbook.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome! Ereaders are awesome. Give yourself a few days and you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
triwy

Hello everybody, my cybook never arrived and I am glad because now I am thinking to buy an iLiad....they say that it is easier to read music shits on in....it is so or I can go for a cheaper Cybook....?
All the best!
Thanks!