Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
sw122683
sw122683 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Exactly what do you do when you try to upgrade?

You should press "enter" button the when the first image appear and not when you get the image with three filled circles.
Sigh...
I haven't seen the first image for quite a long time...
I am currently stuck with the second image and if I press on/off button long enough, the screen will flash and then come back to the second image again.
sw122683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
M.H.
Connoisseur
M.H. doesn't litterM.H. doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPad
If you press the reset button on the back does the led turn off?

If you then press the on/off button what happens? The led should come back on and you should get the first picture (Clinton) displayed.

If none of this happens then unless reseting it by taking the battery out works I can't see what you can do except send it back.
M.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #18
sw122683

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. View Post
If you press the reset button on the back does the led turn off?

If you then press the on/off button what happens? The led should come back on and you should get the first picture (Clinton) displayed.

If none of this happens then unless reseting it by taking the battery out works I can't see what you can do except send it back.
If I don't touch on/off button, the led is always off, so I cannot tell whether reset button is working.

When pressing the on/off button, the led keeps blinking. Nothing else happens.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. I guess I will have to send it back.
T_T
Old 01-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #19
M.H.
Connoisseur
M.H. doesn't litterM.H. doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPad
Another thing you could try if you haven't already is press the reset button and then connect it up to recharge for about 3 hours. After it has recharged try again to update it. If you are charging from a computer's USB port rather than the charger make sure it a USB port than can deliver enough current to charge the Cybook. My computer will only allow me to charge the Cybook from some of its USB ports.
M.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
sw122683

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. View Post
Another thing you could try if you haven't already is press the reset button and then connect it up to recharge for about 3 hours. After it has recharged try again to update it. If you are charging from a computer's USB port rather than the charger make sure it a USB port than can deliver enough current to charge the Cybook. My computer will only allow me to charge the Cybook from some of its USB ports.
Hi, I've got an interesting finding.
If I keep pressing the on/off button, the laptop can detect cybook correctly. The moment I let off the button, it will disappear...
I am considering replacing the system folder. I vaguely remember I saw it somewhere but I cannot find it anymore...
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #21
sw122683

Problem solved.After pressing the on/off button while connected to the laptop for really a long(several miniutes), the light stop blinking. And then after safely remove the device, it starts working fine^_^
Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #22
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Since I've upgraded to 796, it happened to me a couple of times. But it happens in the first screen. That is the "loading" screen. The more books you have in your library, the more time it will take to load it. I've clearly noticed the difference in loading times between the beggining (a dozen example books) and now (almost 200). If you just picked 100s of books and copied them to your Cybook, maybe it's what making it slower to boot...
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Tubruk
Tubruk began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Same problem other solution

Hi, I had the same problem. But the solution with the on/off button didn't work.

But i tried the select button (centre) at the bottom while i was connected with the computer. Then the cybook was recognised and worked fine.
Tubruk is offline   Reply With Quote