Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2015, 03:20 AM   #1
Andelun
Andelun began at the beginning.

Device: tolino
Export books from ibooks

I want to read the books I have in IBooks in another device. How can I get them out of IBooks?
Andelun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:55 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I think only via iTunes on the PC... You need to import the files from there (via the import purchased items option)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2015, 04:39 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelun View Post
I want to read the books I have in IBooks in another device. How can I get them out of IBooks?
Another iDevice, or a different kind of device?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I think only via iTunes on the PC... You need to import the files from there (via the import purchased items option)
You can't use iTunes, though, to export content from an iPhone or iPad, which is what the original poster is asking. I don't know of any way to export books from iBooks, except perhaps by directly accessing the file system on a jailbroken devices.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-25-2015 at 05:04 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
mattcurtis
Book Lover, Dev of Hyphen
mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone (Hyphen)
You can try syncing your library in iBooks on OS X, the visiting '~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books/'.
mattcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can't use iTunes, though, to export content from an iPhone or iPad, which is what the original poster is asking. I don't know of any way to export books from iBooks, except perhaps by directly accessing the file system on a jailbroken devices.
It does work really well if you have book syncing on (so that it knows that you're sharing books) and just use the "import purchased items" (or something along the lines of) option. While it typically serves to get apps and other content to your computer, it will also transfer books from iBooks, including those that you have loaded in there on the iPad...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll give it a go! Appreciate the tip.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
It does work really well if you have book syncing on (so that it knows that you're sharing books) and just use the "import purchased items" (or something along the lines of) option. While it typically serves to get apps and other content to your computer, it will also transfer books from iBooks, including those that you have loaded in there on the iPad...
One of the issues I have with Apple is that much of the sync/iCloud doesn't play well with non Apple content, such as audible audiobooks rather than iTunes audiobooks. Perhaps now that Apple is selling audible audiobooks, that will get fixed.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcurtis View Post
You can try syncing your library in iBooks on OS X, the visiting '~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books/'.
Also on a Windows pc. It is in your music folder under iTunes\iTunes Media\Books
PDF's are also there.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote