Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I still have my PW1, I'm keeping the WiFi off.
Ditto, I manage hubby's anyway so that's certainly staying off!

Coincidentally I bought a Kobo Aura this week, my plan is to read between the devices, the PW1 at home and the Kobo while commuting, so if disaster ever strikes I can sell my Paperwhite 1 and move over to that permanently. Luckily my books are DRM free anyway, so conversion to ePub is easy.

This may seem drastic but no way will hubby want my book covers on his device, even if they are in the cloud.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #92
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Goodreads features don't work with side loaded books at all. Entirely disappointing, as it is thus basically useless to me. Embedded fonts are just more necessary to me.

If the app had at least let me search for titles or view custom shelves, I could have used it to update my reading status, but as-is, I can't even easily use it for that.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #93
tashk
Hello, I'd like to know w
tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Paperwhite 2013
Will resetting the Kindle to factory settings uninstall the latest update or does this only delete contents, settings and so on?
tashk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #94
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashk View Post
Will resetting the Kindle to factory settings uninstall the latest update or does this only delete contents, settings and so on?
No, a factory reset won't get rid of the current update.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #95
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
No, it only deletes the content and unregisters the Kindle. It won't uninstall any updates.
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #96
tashk
Hello, I'd like to know w
tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.tashk juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Paperwhite 2013
Thank you both
tashk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #97
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thank you both
You are welcome. You might be able to find someone with a copy of the 5.4.0 firmware. I suspect that will be popular around here if anyone has a copy. I think you can install older FW versions, but best to let the experts answer that.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #98
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Folders...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #99
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Ghost collections are annoying.
Anyway, I was really looking forward to GR integration and now I am unable to update my reading status. Say...put currently reading 70%. Or am I missing something?

I can only put Read. Or, Want to Read/Currently reading, but no way to set progress?
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #100
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I don't seem to be having a problem with the ghost collections. I have a few in the cloud that are not on my device but other than that everything is virtually the same. I'm more upset about the lack of good reads integration in the UK.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #101
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I don't seem to be having a problem with the ghost collections. I have a few in the cloud that are not on my device but other than that everything is virtually the same. I'm more upset about the lack of good reads integration in the UK.

I don't understand why the UK is excluded from Goodreads either.

How do you see the collections in the Cloud but not on your device? Do they have books in them?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #102
hEist
hEist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
until now, i was only a lurker here. But right now, i need to get my opionen out:

1st: I hate that i need to switch my Account to an us. one to get the Goodreads Intergration. Seriously Amazon, why?

2nd: This "Ghost Collections" are annoying. Since my GF got also a Paperwhite with the same account and we both got our "read"-collections. And now i see hers on my kindle and there is no freaking way to delete it without getting problems with her. Honestly, whoever came with this idea up: Think like a normal user. Jesus.

3rd: We got Goodreads, finally. But it isn't possible to update my status (i've read until ....%) automatically?
hEist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #103
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I don't understand why the UK is excluded from Goodreads either.

How do you see the collections in the Cloud but not on your device? Do they have books in them?
I don't know. I have a few collections in the cloud that are not on my device. They have books in them but I don't have those books on my device. I'm sure I had more collections in the past though on my kindle keyboard which are not showing in the cloud. Its odd.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #104
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hEist View Post
3rd: We got Goodreads, finally. But it isn't possible to update my status (i've read until ....%) automatically?
That's what I want to know as well.

If they don't add update status, this goodreads integration is basically useless.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #105
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Don't forget to let 'em know how you feel...

kindle-feedback@amazon.com

kindle-feedback@amazon.co.uk
Why stop there? Try jeff@amazon.com.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote