Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
zonemama
zonemama began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Syncing Question

Hello, I have Calibre installed on my desktop (Windows Vista) and my Acer Iconia tablet (Windows 7). The books and database are in Dropbox. My tablet Calibre is missing any books added to my library after June of 2012. What do I need to do to get the tablet Calibre to sync correctly?
zonemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
zonemama
zonemama began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
This still doesn't make sense to me. I'm not a programmer. I found the Content Server exe file on my desktop. It brings up a black box with a prompt and just sits there. I uninstalled Calibre on the tablet. Really don't understand how to see my books on the tablet.
zonemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@zonemama
It sounds as if your dropbox (or the calibre folder inside dropbox) is not automatically synching on your tablet....you may need to do manual synchs on your tablet or adjust the dropbox settings on your tablet so that the calibre folder is synching. Backup your up-to-date calibre folder on your computer before adjusting settings in dropbox in case you accidentally synch the wrong direction (don't know if that is actually possible, but it would really ruin your day!) Good luck. Welcome to the forum!

Please post back if you find the solution so that any of us using dropbox run into a similar issue we'll know what the fix is.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to run the content server on your main computer and access it using your tablet. See the conetnt server section here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id4
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert