Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
click22
click22 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Conversion from ePub to mobi crashes Calibre

I'm using Calibre 0.9.19 to convert from ePub to mobi format, but Calibre crashes without producing an error file. This problem is repeatable, even when I select the default settings.

Sigil reports that the original ePub is clean. Any suggestions for further investigation would be most welcome.
click22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
click22

Desperate to convert this ePub file to Kindle mobi, I adopted the sledgehammer that has served me well during my 51 years as an IT professional - I deleted Calibre and reloaded and reinstalled it from another site. It worked!
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Install Kindle Previewer and drop the epub into it. Automatic conversion, sanctioned by Google (who's standards are the onl ones that matter, really), plus previews of the result in various flavours of Kindle hardware.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by click22 View Post
I deleted Calibre and reloaded and reinstalled it from another site. It worked!
Just a warning - you should never get Calibre from anything other than the official site(s). Many of the others have added unwelcome additions to the install!
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
click22

Many thanks Antipodean marsupial for suggesting Kindle Preview - it provides an excellent and fast way to check Kindle conversions.
Advert