Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
PattyC
PattyC began at the beginning.

Device: Arnova 10b G3
Question.....regarding android tablet and the Kindle ebook reader

I moved an ebook from Calibre to my Arnova tablet yesterday. It is listed in the Calibre library as being on my device BUT it is not on my tablet.

I tried to sync in my Kindle menu but nothing.

Any suggestions on what else that I might be able to do?

Thanks,

Patty
PattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: MacBook Air, iPad Mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Moto G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyC View Post
I moved an ebook from Calibre to my Arnova tablet yesterday. It is listed in the Calibre library as being on my device BUT it is not on my tablet.

I tried to sync in my Kindle menu but nothing.

Any suggestions on what else that I might be able to do?

Thanks,

Patty
That depends on what method you have used to transfer it to your device. Calibre offers three ways.
  1. Send to Device
  2. Save to disk
  3. The manual and tedious way

Using Send to Device, you can save the eBook to the root of the SDcard of your Android device or any folder that you specify. This can be changed in the prefrences. Send to device saves the formats that can be opened by your eReader on your location of choice on an Android device.

Save to disk works in a similar fashion. But instead of saving the eBook file to your eReader, it saves it to a location that you prefer. Please note that this saves the whole folder in the structure follwing the order
Code:
Author name --> Book title
Your Kindle for Android cannot read sideloaded books that are in a sub-folder inside the /kindle/ folder. Make sure that the .mobi or .azw3 file is in the root of the /kindle folder.

The third way allows you to browse to the location of the file on the Calibre Library, copy it and then browse to the root of your SDcard, open the Kindle folder and then paste it.

Hope this helped you somewhat.

Remember, the files should be in the root of the /kindle folder for K4Android to recognize it. Relaunching the app should reveal it to be on your Kindle Homescreen.
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
PattyC
PattyC began at the beginning.

Device: Arnova 10b G3
WHEW...I truly appreciate your response. There are several "terms" regarding the Kindle folders and root of my SD card that I am not familiar with but I will "poke" around and see if I can figure it out.

I am sure that I will be back with more questions.

Thanks again!!

Patty
PattyC is offline   Reply With Quote