Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
ShaneR
Enthusiast
ShaneR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650; PW2
Screen while in power off state...

Perhaps a stupid question, but is the screen for the 650 meant to stay white while powered off? Or is it supposed to be "black" like any other screen out there.

I only ask as I recently did the baroda hack and have noticed the screen stays paper white when shut off...I could swear it was dark before that, but I'm not sure. So, I'm wondering if I there's a problem with this hack.

Thanks
ShaneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
nope it stays light, as with any other e-ink screens
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
ShaneR
Enthusiast
ShaneR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650; PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
nope it stays light, as with any other e-ink screens
Welp, learned something new

Thanks!
ShaneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Yeppers! Same on the 350 of course.

They only time e-ink screens really show anything while the devices are powered off is when the device purposely paints something before switching off. Sometimes they will have "Powered Off" messages or the company logo or even the book cover as a sort of place holder until the machine is turned back on.

Sony only seems to do this when the machine is in sleep mode. Otherwise the devices seem to be the definition of well and truly off. (Think ominously blank and vacuous!)
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote