Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Kindle Lighted Cover

ok, so it's the unlighted cover that's having the reboot
issues, correct?

I've heard that sometimes the hooked design can break the
cover or kindle when opened backwards.

Basically, my Kindle will be mine and well-looked after.
I really like the lighted cover but I'm nervous about
that "backward" issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Lighted-Leathe...=pd_cp_e_3_img

So.. your comments, experience?
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
I now have two lighted covers for the K3 wifi (Burnt Orange and Steel
Blue) and have never had any trouble with either of them.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
ok, so it's the unlighted cover that's having the reboot
issues, correct?

I've heard that sometimes the hooked design can break the
cover or kindle when opened backwards.

Basically, my Kindle will be mine and well-looked after.
I really like the lighted cover but I'm nervous about
that "backward" issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Lighted-Leathe...=pd_cp_e_3_img

So.. your comments, experience?
As far as I know there was ONLY a discussion that you might break the hooks if you opened it backwards. I don't know that that has every actually happened.

I did, however, bend one of the posts on my cover when I dropped it, I was able to bend the post back carefully, and add some velcro to secure it. It was entirely my fault for not being more careful. As long as you don't drop your kindle from a breakable height I would worry about it.

I really like the lighted cover. I don't use the light all that often, but I'm awfully glad its there when I want it.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I bend the cover backwards all the time. No problems here.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I have the lighted cover and bend the left cover over back behind everytime I use it.

I haven't experienced any problems.

I also purchased the SmakDab to prevent the back cover being pulled backwards, which I believe is the potential problem that will cause the clips to snap the Kindle.

For the extra $5 or so I thought it was good investment.

http://www.smak-dab.com

Brewjohno

Last edited by brewjono; 12-19-2010 at 02:49 AM. Reason: speling
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The lighted cover works very well. I'm extremely pleased with mine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote