Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
spa
spa began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Calibre Installation Problem

I have been using Calibre for quite a while now regularly updating the software as the new releases appear and it was all working fine until recently (well better than fine actually as it's a great product).

I started to notice that when converting html files to epub often a lot of italics present in the html would be removed in the epub file and this was becoming quite a problem. I have just upgraded to 7.23 and I still have the problem. Some italics is ignored other times it will italicse whole paragraphs rather than individual words.

However I have made a fresh install of 7.23 on two other PCs which have never had Calibre installed on them before and it is behaving perfectly - all the italics are fine.

I have now removed Calibre altogether from my main PC and reinstalled 7.23 from scratch but I still have the problem.

I am at a complete loss to explain what could be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there maybe some library files which could have become corrupted or registry entries which weren't removed when I removed Calibre?

Any help greatly appreciated as I am very keen to get back to having a clean working system.
spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You shoud try removing all the settings. Go to preferences->advanced->misc and click open config directory. quit calibre. delete/rename the config directory and restart calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
spa
spa began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Kovid, many thanks - that has indeed fixed it and given me a clean installation.

Thanks for your help and thanks for producing such a great application.
spa is offline   Reply With Quote