Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Fernie
Fernie began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
Russian language support

Hi, everyone!

I just ordered Astak reader from Newegg.

I understand that this reader supports foreign languages. I have some TXT, DOC and RTF files in Russian that I would like to read on it. Can anyone tell me if these files can be opened, or if there is something I need to download or convert to read them?

Thank you.
Fernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The Ezreader basic (6inch) does support Russian.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Fernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
The Ezreader basic (6inch) does support Russian.

Chuck
What about the 5 inch Pocket Pro? That's the one I bought.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernie View Post
What about the 5 inch Pocket Pro? That's the one I bought.
Item 4 on the Settings language list is Russian
There is also Ukrainian, Bulgarian
I may have missed some as I am not familiar with all the languages of the region.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Fernie

I received the PEZ yesterday. In case anyone is interested, Russian DOC and RTF files worked fine right out of the box, and TXT required changing the entire user interface to Russian.

Now, I'm just waiting to see what happens to the lovely blue paint. ;-)